The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally unfounded obviously, but a sunderland fan on twitter wrote this (before the Waghorn story broke today)

"Heard from usual good source that Ferdinand and new striker may mean Bardsley and Waghorn off on loan to Leicester".

Les or Rio? :)

Agreed. Very powerful, experienced centre back. Could be just want we need to fill the 'Brown' role.

Sorry. Fill the 'Wayne' role. :icon_bigg

I agree Brown needs to be replaced with another biggun, but can't see it happening. I think Sousa wants a centre-half partenership with a big lad (Hobbs) and a more natural footballer (Moreno?).

I am not sure Hobbs is experienced enough to read the game well without a more experienced CB alongside him.

Also whilst Hobbs is tall, I do not think he is 'physical' enough (including dirty tricks) to deal well with players like Bothroyd.

I am not sure Hobbs is experienced enough to read the game well without a more experienced CB alongside him.

Also whilst Hobbs is tall, I do not think he is 'physical' enough (including dirty tricks) to deal well with players like Bothroyd.

I don't like it either, I would much rather have an Elliott/Taggs style backline but I don't think its really Sousa's thing. What has been so obvious so far is that we're getting bullied from set-pieces.

Re: The annoying totally unfounded yet traditional summer rumours thread

Daily Star: Coventry are preparing an official approach for Leicester boss Nigel Pearson.

I don't know what's worse: the Star reporting this or Coventry thinking they have a chance in hell of getting Pearson.

Are they serious :icon_lol:

If the club were releasing him I imagine they did it the day before so he could join another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363