THE ANTI-STADIUM SHARE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list Joe, it's all bollix

but it doesn't matter a w@nk what any of us think, it's all done & dusted. which is probly why most people seem apathetic about it , 'cause it makes no difference what we think

feckin egg catchin, it's not even a sport! :evil:

I am totally against it too. Where were the rugby people when we were down on our knees. There is a light at the end of the tunnel without the rugby lot, so why not keep it that way.
Prior to admin we had already paid a large chunk off the cost of building the stadium. Now are Tigers expecting half the ground at £32M OR HALF THE GROUND FOR HALF OF £16M!!!

Tigers feck off and build your own stadium

80% of fans are for it......my arse! Lets have a proper show of hands on this

35% against now! How the feck did I miss that one!

OK the tunnel maybe shorter, but is it really worth it? As much as I hate to say it I dont trust my beloved club anymore. This has been on the cards since we had that stupid questionaire with seson ticket renewals last year. One of the questions was about groundsharing in a very funny roundabout way.

NO TO GROUND SHARE :evil: :evil: :evil:

Boy Genius:
"Prior to admin we had already paid a large chunk off the cost of building the stadium. Now are Tigers expecting half the ground at £32M OR HALF THE GROUND FOR HALF OF £16M!!!"

- they are paying more than that, Tim Davies said at the open meeting that they are getting half the current market value. The market value would be less than the original cost, but 50% of it is significantly higher than the figure you quote. Remember 'cash injection' has been mentioned in the coverage, this refers to the value above the 50% of the 'mortgage'

"This has been on the cards since we had that stupid questionaire with seson ticket renewals last year. One of the questions was about groundsharing in a very funny roundabout way"
- we accused the club of that one as well, we were told it related to holding some Rugby games at the ground, like the potential one that has just been announced.

The land alone cost £7.5M and then they had to pay a further £1.2m to decontaminate the land. Land costs in that time have risen not fallen. The stadium is unique so it is all based on what the two parties agree on is it not? Somebody putting a figure on the true cost would be just guessing as they have nothing in the area to compare with. It cost £32M+ to buy land and build, so it is a fair assumption they should base the sale to tigers on that.

I put it to the Foxes Trust to arrange somesort of Fans vote, maybe similar to the Fosse v City vote. That would clear the air for everybody.
It would be a good idea to do it at a named home match and increase the crowd size

Boy Genius said:
The land alone cost £7.5M and then they had to pay a further £1.2m to decontaminate the land. Land costs in that time have risen not fallen. The stadium is unique so it is all based on what the two parties agree on is it not? Somebody putting a figure on the true cost would be just guessing as they have nothing in the area to compare with. It cost £32M+ to buy land and build, so it is a fair assumption they should base the sale to tigers on that.

I put it to the Foxes Trust to arrange somesort of Fans vote, maybe similar to the Fosse v City vote. That would clear the air for everybody.
It would be a good idea to do it at a named home match and increase the crowd size

It isn't worth £32m now - take away a sports venue & only the West Stans has any value for conferences - the rest would have little use except as a sporting venue.

Tim Davies stated in the Open Meeting this would not happen, it was requested by one of those attending.

We have already consulted our members but are withholding the results until more fan consultation takes place.

I am neutral.......I am against it because it is our stadium, and it would look shyte with green seats....BUT, I am for it because we need the money and I would rather see a successful team than a mid-table 1st Division side. The extra cash would generate a bit more money for Levein to spend on players!

Still completely agaisnt it.

At least if the Walkers stadium is murdered in this way we can live with the fact our rightful home of Filbert Street was never sold out by the idiots with this idea.

The most amusing argument for me is that its an ambitious move for us :D How many football clubs realistically have benefitted from sharing with a rugby club, its usually the rugby club that has to survive to do it not the foootball club. I cant bear to imagine how unattractive this move must make us to other players who we would be wanting to sign.

**** off egg chasers, No Tigers allowed in the foxes liar :x :evil:

I am 100% against it:

- New Technology to keep the pitch in good condition Boll***s. Mud, Soil, s**t and grass have been around for a fair while now. What can technology do that Farmer Brown can't?

- Even if the pitch is not 100% condition, I may be able to live with that. However, I can't enjoy watching football seeing them silly "invisible" egg chasers lines all over OUR pitch"

- I pay £300 odd for my seat each year. I do not want to share it with some Pimms drinking, knuckleheaded, murder defending, posh Yob. Do we split the cost? even so IT IS MY SEAT!!!!!!!!

Foxes_Trust said:
Boy Genius said:

It isn't worth £32m now - take away a sports venue & only the West Stans has any value for conferences - the rest would have little use except as a sporting venue.

Tim Davies stated in the Open Meeting this would not happen, it was requested by one of those attending.

We have already consulted our members but are withholding the results until more fan consultation takes place.

That has got to be the biggest load of bollux I have heard. You are holding these so called results back because maybe its going against what you lot want to hear

Also the ground/stadium land is worth an awful lot more than figures that they are banded about. Tigers are after a stadium on the cheap and **** me they are going to get it!

Didn't think my utter contempt for the FT's response on this issue could get any worse

It just has

Absolutely pathetic

That has got to be the biggest load of bollux I have heard. You are holding these so called results back because maybe its going against what you lot want to hear

Also the ground/stadium land is worth an awful lot more than figures that they are banded about. Tigers are after a stadium on the cheap and **** me they are going to get it!

The FT only exists to represent its members views hence we haven't got a 'want to hear' result, whatever the survey results this is the policy the FT will follow, that's what a Trust is all about even if individual board members may not agree with the outcome.

homer said:

Didn't think my utter contempt for the FT's response on this issue could get any worse

It just has

Absolutely pathetic

Homer, my views exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675