The assistant manager is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimmertwin

...Rob Kelly from Blackburn. He used to be involved with their youth Acedemy but I think he now has some involvement with B'burn reserves. Apparently we approached 3 to 4 years to head up our own Academy but nothing came of it.

He's supposed to have played for Leicester but I can't recall the name

You heard it here first!

glimmertwin said:
...Rob Kelly from Blackburn. He used to be involved with their youth Acedemy but I think he now has some involvement with B'burn reserves. Apparently we approached 3 to 4 years to head up our own Academy but nothing came of it.

You heard it here first!

I remember him I think he was in the team around the time Lineker left for Everton. Wouldnt call him a legend and dont think he is going to creat much excitement on the terraces, but with living in the North West have heard good things about him. Very well thought of up here and Blackburns academy has improved dramatically since he took over apparently.

robert kelly was highly thought of along with ian andrews and the other player i think was robbie jones,in the youth team,none of them did anygood.

drummindefender said:
its not him its Mcdonald at villa (cant remeber first name) as he used 2 play at hearts with levein

But it has already been said that Craig doesn't know the person!

No 2

Kevin McDonald - Villa
Ricky Hill - Spurs
Rob Kelly - Blackburn

All 3 are ex Cit players currently involved in Youth set-ups at Prem clubs, therfore it seems it must be one of them. But none have great knowledge of the Championship League!!

Gary Mac would be a more logical and popular choice.

That's it - he chipped the Manchester United Keeper Chris Turner from outside the area on 6th Sept 1986 to earn us a 1-1 draw

From the following program the caption under the picture from that game reads "City lead 1-0, and as Kelly wheels away, Alan Smith looks delighted" And I wrote in brackets after that (amazed) :lol: :lol: :lol:

highland fox said:
...,may as well be Matthew Kelly
nah, he's teaming up with Dave Jones for the next youth academy job...

glimmertwin said:

You heard it here first!

You were bang on Glimmertwin. What else can you tell us ? Do we have a new MadBiker ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669