The best day there NEARLY never was

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppus

Facts...

Age 68..... First visit to Filbo 1953.... Season ticket holder since 1962.... NOW thanks to club policy I enjoy a subsidised (cheap) wheelchair space in H1.

To ensure that I have minimal trouble with parking on busier match-days I have paid for a Stadium Season Car Park pass for a long time as there is only a limited supply of designated disabled spaces and a waiting list for same.

Last Saturday, in anticipation of a huge turnout we drove to the ground to arrive some 90 minutes before kick off only to be delayed by unexpected road closures and diversions. After a time consuming series of route changes we arrived at the car park entrance around 60 minutes before k.o. only to be informed that if I didn't have a specially numbered space for the day I was not allowed to park. ??????

The poor harassed lad on the gate was having to apologise for an apparent oversight on the part of the club for not advising us of these one day only changes and when I explained that I needed to be able to park fairly close to my stadium entry point he suggested I could try either of the two other car parks ( but was unsure if I would be turned away).

After a lengthy discussion the issue was satisfactorily resolved but the details of the solution are not revealed here to avoid anyone who helped me from getting into trouble.

I am however aware that other Car Park Season ticket holders were not so fortunate and had to leave to find street parking on a day when it would prove to be almost impossible.

I have yet to hear from the club if there were arrangements made but I was just unfortunate to have been missed. I do, however , think that there was some degree of administrative failure leaving a young, part time, employee to sort the problem.

But all's well that ends well and we can now reflect on another historic season and look forward to the next.

:bang:

Not sure that I understand the issue Floppy. If you've paid for a parking space, what was the reason that you were being prevented from taking your parking space?

Not sure that I understand the issue Floppy. If you've paid for a parking space, what was the reason that you were being prevented from taking your parking space?

A great big feck off tent that they had erected for an event that never actually took place, and couldn't be bothered to tell anyone about prior to the game

A great big feck off tent that they had erected for an event that never actually took place, and couldn't be bothered to tell anyone about prior to the game
That's more than a bit shitty, and grounds to sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570