The big sit in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

What happened with this supposed sit in [or shit in, Homer] after the game today? Did anybody see all seven of them, wearing foxestalk t-shirts, huddled round a can of Vimto and a Championship Manager fanzine? Or did they give up before anyone noticed them? :wink:

Would like to hear what happened down there at Filbo Way this afternoon...

I'm usually one of the last to leave the stadium, being on the middle of a row towards the back. When I left there were was a small group in L1, which is the bit where the psychos go to shout abuse at the away fans, but hardly anyone in the rest of the stadium.

I heard there was about 30 -40 protesting. If thats what you can call it! club must be rubbing their hands with glee if thats it! :roll:

I was really impressed with L1 - they had a banner that said NO GROUND SHARE... only trouble was whoever was holding the NO was holding it upside down just before kick-off....

So it read

"ON GROUND SHARE" :roll:

I gather the expected disquiet at the Tigers didn't materialise either... Looks like it's full steam ahead then! :shock:

It was an absolute Joke.

More and more city fans are realising that this is a great opportunity for the club. We will be welcoming the tigers with open arms by the end of the season.

Despite only a few of us lasting the whole 15 minutes, for a good 5/10 minutes a lot of people stayed behind and we sang a lot of anti rugby/groundsharing chants.

Shame that most City fans are all mouth and only a few give a shit to do something about it!

maybe it's more of a case of most City fans not agreeing with you...

londonfox said:
maybe it's more of a case of most City fans not agreeing with you...

Funny how most, polls, Football chat shows and almost every City fan I know is against it. I also handed out 100 odd leaflets out yesterday before the game. Before giving them I asked them if they were for or against, only about 5 people said For. It's just a shame thet people can't be arsed to act and are just going to accept defeat. I will keep on fighting though!

No doubt I'll get slaughtered for this, but I can understand why a lot of people aren't going mad and blasting this ground share idea out of the water.
Like me I bet they want to hear all about it and what effect it will have on City before they make their minds up. I want to hear all the facts before I start slagging something off I don't fully understand.
I'm not having ago at those people who have automatically gone against the idea, I'm just saying I want to hear the whole story first and I guess a lot of fans are like that.
This does not make anyone any less of a fan and you'd be stupid to think so, in the end we want wants best for the city and I think we need to know all the facts before anyone of us can decide what that is.
Sorry it was such along post I just had abit to say!

Matt said:
No doubt I'll get slaughtered for this, but I can understand why a lot of people aren't going mad and blasting this ground share idea out of the water.
Like me I bet they want to hear all about it and what effect it will have on City before they make their minds up. I want to hear all the facts before I start slagging something off I don't fully understand.
I'm not having ago at those people who have automatically gone against the idea, I'm just saying I want to hear the whole story first and I guess a lot of fans are like that.
This does not make anyone any less of a fan and you'd be stupid to think so, in the end we want wants best for the city and I think we need to know all the facts before anyone of us can decide what that is.
Sorry it was such along post I just had abit to say!

Your right, thing is apart from the pitch it won't make a lot of diffrence.

Oh and you've oviously never read one of James Walkers posts.

i respect teeno and everyone else for doing what they did. Fair play for trying to make a difference.

Alas i feel it's a bit late and we sold our history and home advantage when we moved out of filbo. And as such I see the tigers move as a positive way forward on a financial basis. like many have said, the playing surface has to be unaffected.

you shouldn't expect to get slaughtered for putting your point across Matt, good post :wink:

MKFox said:
i respect teeno and everyone else for doing what they did. Fair play for trying to make a difference.

Alas i feel it's a bit late and we sold our history and home advantage when we moved out of filbo. And as such I see the tigers move as a positive way forward on a financial basis. like many have said, the playing surface has to be unaffected.

you shouldn't expect to get slaughtered for putting your point across Matt, good post :wink:

I think this argument about the pitch is lacks some perspective. I have just been watching Keith Weller scoring v Luton and the pitch is worse than ANY rugby pitch that any of the top rugby clubs now play on. :wink:

Despite thinking it was an awful idea in the first place i think im not so against egg chasing at the Walkers anymore

:shock:

The most important thing for me is LCFC winning matches,climbing up the League and getting Promotion,the whole Groundshare share issue frankly bores me.If Teeno etc want to demonstrate then good on them but in the end the'Powers that Be' will do what they want to,save your energies for getting behind the team.The opinions of us the fans count for very little when it comes to decisions within our Club.

Steven said:
I think this argument about the pitch is lacks some perspective. I have just been watching Keith Weller scoring v Luton and the pitch is worse than ANY rugby pitch that any of the top rugby clubs now play on. :wink:

This is irrelevant now though because of how the game has evolved. Lighter balls and a generally faster game demands a better pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669