The Bigger Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist

cov fan.
All we have done since Milan laughing stock Mandaric took over is sign ageing players on big wages who dont look like they give a damn. How many players does one team need to sign over a season? During the transfer window we signed Steve Howard, I thought he would serve us well because he's recently had a couple of good seasons at this level, but what has been the end result? Very little. I was taking the piss out of a covscum mate when they signed two young lads from Walsall who I'd never heard of, I was surprised when he laughed at our old has been signings (I would have thought the likes of Howard would have been ideal for them too) he said something along the lines of them now they are under the charge of Ray Ransom only wanting to sign young players with potential rather than old players on big wages whose hunger may have gone, and on reflection I think he is right. Who would want to sign Howard now and pay him the money we are? Yet the two youngsters that covscum signed have already represented England u21 and are getting admiring glances from premiership teams. This brings me to my main point, should we try to follow this example and sign younger players with potential or stick with the Mandaric plan of signing hopeless has beens?

I'd rather we'd signed a cripple than Steve Howard.

I agree that buying younger players is better than buying old shit players yes.

TBF, our scouts and management teams before attempted that under Levein and with all due respect, the players weren't good enough. The likes of Fryatt and Hume are still here and if they were any good, they would have been playing in the Premiership.

Name all your Eastwood's, your Sharp's etc. but none of them ever become Premiership players despite the hype. It's your Kevin Phillips, your Jonathan Greening's etc. which do.

You to have a mix

Last edited:
Howard isnt a bad player, non of them are bad players individually. The just dont play as a team. If we go down Howard will be sold to a club like Cov and bag 20 goals for them next season.

Most players in the world could pull on a leicester shirt and still play miles below thier potential. Its a disease that has affected this club for several years. Howard seems to attract alot of extra abuse when to be honest he is no better or worse than any of the other useless ****ers. Yes he has been poor but no poorer than anyone else.

I've said it before, I feel there is something especially wrong with our coaching, and my biggest suspicions centre round the lack of progress of Stearman and Fryatt, who should both have developed into players we would be struggling to hang on to, but instead (Fryatt in particular) look nowhere near as good as they did three years ago.

Howard is bound to attract more abuse because he is slower, hence easier to pick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669