The Championship - let’s enjoy it

Bobbins

I appreciate that I’m probably going to be in the minority here! I’m looking forward to this season. Clearly the end of an era has come and now we begin a new one.

I’m positive about the manager - looking forward to seeing a rebuilt squad consisting of some we are used to and some new blood (the rumoured signings are positive to me), and all in all I’m interested just to see something different!

It will be strange seeing the KP not full but away days are always fun when they aren’t familiar.

I certainly didn’t want relegation but I think the dust is settling and we are where we are. Onwards and upwards and let’s enjoy the season as much as we can and who knows where we’ll end up next May!

Can’t wait for the first game.

Minority maybe but not on your own. I too feel oddly refreshed (oh that ****ing word) and optimistic, and looking forward to the new season. As much as anything, it's the change; new clubs, new grounds, new battle for decent streams at changed times of the day/week.

Standard of football will obviously be different but I'm looking forward to the change there too.

Yep, new boss, new team, new era. Onwards :)

edit: sheese, there's always some ****er ;)

Last edited:
I'll see how I feel about it when it's nearly time to start the season. Hopefully a lot more players have left by then. As things are at the moment we've got a rookie manager and a load of players who are of no use. Not overly exciting so far. If we ship a few more ****s out I'll feel more positive.

Despite the fact the football in the championship is shite i was looking forward to getting some away tickets and possibly do a few home games but that'll depend on the club lowering prices for home ones (didn't see a price list last time i checked so I'm hopeful there).

The instant it was confirmed I had about 5 mates (yes, I know) contact me about going to the games.

They are Stoke, Preston and (unluckily) Barnsley fans.
Shame really. I like Oakwell.

We’ve just been put into a league with at least 15 teams we haven’t played for years. It is a reset and I’m excited by it as well.

By the way Taupe, I'm 'optimistic' too. ;-) Yeah, know what you're all saying. However, like a complete twat I organised my holiday with the idea in mind that the season wouldn't have started and **** me I'm missing the first home game! Bastard Coventry too! What a bellend.

You can get a shirt to celebrate our relegation here btw....

Daniel Farke takes over at Leeds

You won't be saying that when we drop points because we weren't given a stonewall penalty.

No VAR and much worse referees...

Do they have goalline tech in the Championship?
VAR still gets it wrong. It's done nothing to stop the controversy. All it does is take longer. - you don't know if you can celebrate the ball hitting the back of the net, or cheer the award of a penalty. I'd sooner take my chances with the referee making an instant wrong decision, rather than a 3 minute wait for a another wrong decision. I hate how much it has changed the game.

Can you imagine that Aguero Moment in 2012 subjected to lengthy VAR checking? So would have spoilt that second of time which will be very special in the memories of those fans. .That to me is what the game is all about, the champagne moment. The moment of Hazard's goal against spuds in 2016. I was jumping up and down in the pub, beer flying everywhere, fans hugging, crying, in absolute raptures of joy. Fabulous, crazy, wonderful second of time. A moment that can never be repeated. - but wait - VAR is having a look at it....... The cheering of a decision made long after the event ruins the whole essence of football for me.

Goal-line tech is good though. That's instantaneous. I do believe it's in use in the championship.

Can you imagine that Aguero Moment in 2012 subjected to lengthy VAR checking?
can you imagine the Ben Chilwell goal in the cup final without VAR?

(Although to be honest I’m with you, I found watching Wrexham matches this year and Europe matches the year before without VAR quite refreshing. But that’s only until the obvious error knocks us out of the play offs)

glass half full is my thinking a chance for calibration and if it goes pete tong it is still the club I love.

the hard way is the only we know how to do things lol , I think it will be a positive season.

What’s for tea mother? Egg and chips?

The annoying part about being relegated is most of the fans could see it coming from 2 seasons back, we we're slowly heading down but those in charge clearly couldn't see it happening and did nothing to change it and when they did it was too late and then even more farcical when Smith was appointed it was clearly an on the spot decision.
Staying up would of had the board carrying on as if everything was fine.

The 1st game of the season will be great in terms of being a sold out local derby but it could easily go toxic if Coventry score a couple of goals, to have an exciting season we need to hit the ground running by winning the 1st few games to get the fans behind the new manager and players.

I'm looking forward to some away games to grounds I haven't been to in years, it will also be good to be a big fish in a small pond with a large away support.

We needed to be relegated to have a clear out and start again, there are clubs like Wolves,Everton that just exist and make up the numbers, at least we will have a realistic chance of winning the league and something to get excited about.

Onwards and upwards.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464