The Championship - let’s enjoy it

Oh yeah. Enjoy it. No point watching at all if you can’t find some way to do that…

But also get out of it as quickly as ****ing possible please.

I was fed up with the PL. It's just not really a competitive league any more is it? If you're not able to compete, it soon becomes a pretty miserable experience.

I was absolutely desperate to get out of the Championship back in 2014. I've watched very few matches in the league since then because I was so sick of it. Right now, I don't mind us being there one bit. I'm actually quite happy to be out of the charade that is the PL.

I don't expect promotion this season. We've got far too much wrong and have done very little to sort those things out. I expect us to play in a style inappropriate for the opposition and the circumstances and frequently embarrass ourselves.

Four weeks until it gets going and we still have half a squad of junk and damaged goods.

If you're not able to compete, it soon becomes a pretty miserable experience.
That goes for any league
the charade that is the PL.
It could be argued that a league where you have the likes of Leicester receiving money from the Premier League and being able to (allegedly) spend £17m on two players when other clubs hardly have a pot to piss in, is a charade.
We've got far too much wrong and have done very little to sort those things out.
Just a new manager and complete new coaching staff. As well as the quick sale of our prized asset and the immediate reinvestment in two players
Four weeks until it gets going and we still have half a squad of junk and damaged goods.
Exactly, there’s still four weeks to go.

I am with the "let's make the most of it" school of thought. The mistakes that have happened over the last few years hopefully will never be repeated. The twin evils of high wage contracts given to players who never deserved it and the inability to sell those very players because nobody else would be stupid enough to match them have meant that we are now severely financially constrained.

I hope that the Vichai philosophy has been restored. On the basis that this is the beginning of a new era, I am feeling very optimistic, having said that, I am an optimist by nature.
Well, the same people responsible for those mistakes are still running the club after having found themselves not guilty of anything.

& actually the last part is a bit of a false narrative. The ludicrous contracts started under Vichai in 2016 & just carried on after he was gone.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663