The Drum - Keeps The Fans Going

Status
Not open for further replies.

fludie

Peanut Thief
Good afternoon.

I must take this opportunity to thank all those supporters who were able to get up to Accrington Stanley last night.

It wasn't, by no means, a classic but in those cup competitions, the important thing is by hook or by crook to get through.

I also took the opportunity to give other players a game and after a good first half we managed to ride our luck at times, and showed great guts and sprit to lay our bodies on the line to keep a clean sheet.

It was also nice last night to have the pleasure of meeting lots of our supporters whilst I was watching the warm-up.

I don't really want to single any individual out but there was one character who was rather on the large side, who had no shirt on and a tattoo on his back the size of a hula-hula ring.

Apparently he is the man that bangs the drum and without a shadow of a doubt will have an important part to play this season.

Take Care,
Martin

"Apparently he is the man that bangs the drum and without a shadow of a doubt will have an important part to play this season."

Perhaps because you turn decent players away and sign Sunderland rejects!

"Apparently he is the man that bangs the drum and without a shadow of a doubt will have an important part to play this season."

:038::038::038::038::038:

Apparently he is the man that bangs the drum and without a shadow of a doubt will have an important part to play this season.
No-one goes to the gallows in silence, not even the manager.:icon_wink

Who did we turn away? and please don't say JFH.

Last edited:
Is he the one that was on a recent edition of "Footballs Worst Away games" on Sky Three? Big lad. Never wears a shirt to games, lives with his mum.

Him and his mates went in a dodgy bus to Watford. Stopped off at Watford Village and were asking the Villagers where the ground was.

Is he the one that was on a recent edition of "Footballs Worst Away games" on Sky Three? Big lad. Never wears a shirt to games, lives with his mum.

Him and his mates went in a dodgy bus to Watford. Stopped off at Watford Village and were asking the Villagers where the ground was.

There's nothing recent about it, it's a few years old & gets repeated every so often.

Never seen it before. Only just got freeview around here. Made a nice change to see City featured on a footy program though.

What's freeview? Does that mean you get to watch Sky for free, or is that too obvious?

you get a selection of shite channels for free.... nothing to get excited about :(

Here's a list for you:

BBC 1
BBC 2
ITV1
Channel 4
Five
ITV 2
BBC Three
BBC Four
ITV 3
Sky Three
UK TV History
More 4
E4
abc1
QVC
The Hits
UKTV Bright ideas
ftn
TMF
Ideal World
Bid TV
Price Drop TV
ITV 4
Film 4
E4+1
ITV Play
Film 4 +1
Five US Smile TV
CBBC Channel
CBeebies :biggrin: lol
CITV
BBC News 24
BBC Parliament
Sky News
Sky Sports News
Community Channel
Teachers TV

It would've been nice if he could actually bang a tune on that drum.....half the time he was doing the beats too fast to sing or clap along to.

I wonder if he gets free tickets now?
I know one thing, I bloody HATE having that drum in L1......

As for that tv programme........Teeno applied to go on that, thought he'd have a great chance, being a young lad who travelled to most away games by train, even I in a moment of madness applied and had two phone convos over an hour long talking about being an away fan and football memories etc. Teeno thought I'd have more chance cos I was a girl who went every game than him!

When we found out it was him well, we could've understood it if they'd picked some character like Bernie for instance who went every game, but that bloke probably went a handful of away games each season in al lthe seasons I've been going!

Considering that the producer guy me and Teeno spoke to wanted fans who followed their team every week up and down the country, we came to the conclusion they didn't want a fan like that, just someone they could show up on tv, cos imo that programme didn't do him any favours at all.
And watching them film it was even more so. They tried to go and stand with the the lads who had congregated behind the goal halfway up, but the sky crew made them go down near the corner flag, and kept telling him and his mates when to stand up and start chanting so they could film him.....

tbh though I'm glad they never rang me up again, I don't think it would've been a very long programme considering how many swearwords would've had to have been bleeped out!:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670