The Fratellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the gig MF?
Fantastic, LS. They were very, very good.

The new stuff is much "rockier" but still keeps the same catchiness. I don't usually enjoy hearing new tracks at gigs, I prefer the known stuff. But TBH, it was so bloody easy to pick up and enjoy, I'm really looking forward to the album next month.

Very T-Rex type of live of sound, would defo see them again.

Fantastic, LS. They were very, very good.

The new stuff is much "rockier" but still keeps the same catchiness. I don't usually enjoy hearing new tracks at gigs, I prefer the known stuff. But TBH, it was so bloody easy to pick up and enjoy, I'm really looking forward to the album next month.

Very T-Rex type of live of sound, would defo see them again.
Good stuff, I'll be looking forward to hearing the new material. I'll have to try and go and see them again, as I'm sure the songs sound even better live.

Got some tickets to see the Holloways tomorrow night in Newcastle, don't really know much of their stuff, but they were free so can't complain.

Got some tickets to see the Holloways tomorrow night in Newcastle, don't really know much of their stuff, but they were free so can't complain.
Hopefully they'll be taking their Dad up their with them for a job interview.

Did you see a Ben Elton look-a-like scrapping with an "out-of-her-face" butch Lesbo at the foot of the stairs? :icon_lol:

Saw a group of butch lezzies walk in at the start, so I can guess who you mean.

Was a few wierdos in there especially the ginger bloked who asked me when 911 would be on and where the toilets were 3 times.

I said before the gig that Mistress Mable was growing on me, but after they opened with it last night I now really like it. Much more rocky than the single version.

It's always difficult listening to new stuff live but they alternated with the old stuff so kept the crowd going.

It was the first time I had been to Rock City and was pretty impressed with venue but took ages to get out as only one small exit.

Overall much better than when they supported Kasabian. I will defo see them again especially when the new album is out.

It was the first time I had been to Rock City and was pretty impressed with venue but took ages to get out as only one small exit.
I've been to about 20 gigs at Rock City and never experienced getting out like that shit last night!!!

I have no idea what happened but it's never like that!!!

Warning - Never go to a gig with Mary "Fcuking" Whitehouse :icon_roll

Moan, moan, bloody moan!!!!!

Last edited:
I've been to about 20 gigs at Rock City and never experienced getting out like that shit last night!!!

I have no idea what happened but it's never like that!!!

Not sure of the regulations but surely it would've made sense to open a fire escape. A couple of people tried but the security staff slammed them shut again.

I am going in October and am planning to make a move towards the door before the encore.

I am going in October and am planning to make a move towards the door before the encore.
We did that for Megadeth last month. It's a good idea if you can handle the punches, pushes and the kicks as you barge past people. It's choc-a-bloc on a busy night and "excuse me" will get you nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669