Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve expected Maguire to leave this summer since the World Cup so it wouldn’t upset me but I’d rather keep him, that run against City was world class

We're in better shape for a run at the top 6 next year than Man U at present if you ask me. Maybe Arsenal as well for that matter...

We're in better shape for a run at the top 6 next year than Man U at present if you ask me. Maybe Arsenal as well for that matter...
Agree with that. Both of those clubs are in a right mess at the moment. Chelsea not much better either. The gap between 6th and 7th will be much, much closer next season.

Yep. I think Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are all there to be caught, and we're best setup to challenge them - potentially alongside Wolves too.

I'm looking forward to next season already!

Chelsea transfer ban will help close thay gap although unfortunately probably means they won't let Hazard leave.

Spurs lost 13 games this season. Don't give them a pass either (despite recent events).

We can have a real go next year.

There is a 15 point gap between us and Man Utd. To our great shame, we somehow managed to hand 6 points to them this season despite them being terrible in both games against us. Just a reversal in those two matches would have us still within reach of 6th this season.

There are so many if only's from this season. If we'd not conceded that absurd last minute winner at Wolves, they'd still be catchable too.

Puel has a lot to answer for. We could so easily have been up there this season.

The attitude of teams outside the top 6 (us included) is absolutely pathetic. So scared of losing they don't try to win

For me, that's a comment as much about 'the modern game' (finances, manager sackings, etc) as attitude. That said, I remember the old adage '... point away from home' so maybe times haven't changed that much.

Against ManCity (for instance) it was kinda interesting in as much as if they do have a weakness, it's defensively. IF you can expose their defence then you do have a chance. You've got to get there though, and that's by no means easy as they do tend to dominate and control the midfield. I was itching for us to 'have a go' against them (we sat back so much) but realised that it is risky if you go and lose possession. Dunno, tough call and I respect the manager's call.

Last edited:
I follow Alan Nixon on twitter. He's a quite reliable journalist and was the one close to Rodgers that was adamant that he was coming immediately after Puel left when nobody else thought so. He is clearly close to Rodgers or one of his entourage.

Anyway, he's been answering questions on transfers and he says that the word is that Leicester are going to spend big this summer. Inside the game it's expected that they will be spending a lot and that players will go where the money is. He also said that the players they want are proven high calibre ones, not potential / fringe ones.

He was not dismissive of suggestions such as Ziyech or Neres from Ajax for example. Interesting.

Man City to ‘trigger’ Chilwell release clause.... really...

Why would he go there. Unless he is guaranteed first team it is a ****ing stupid idea for him. No doubt his agent only cares about his cut.

I follow Alan Nixon on twitter. He's a quite reliable journalist and was the one close to Rodgers that was adamant that he was coming immediately after Puel left when nobody else thought so. He is clearly close to Rodgers or one of his entourage.

Anyway, he's been answering questions on transfers and he says that the word is that Leicester are going to spend big this summer. Inside the game it's expected that they will be spending a lot and that players will go where the money is. He also said that the players they want are proven high calibre ones, not potential / fringe ones.

He was not dismissive of suggestions such as Ziyech or Neres from Ajax for example. Interesting.
It would be very interesting. Spending big is no guarantee of quality though.

Why would he go there. Unless he is guaranteed first team it is a ****ing stupid idea for him. No doubt his agent only cares about his cut.

Seriously? Have you only just started watching football?

He'd go for the same reason as Mahrez, greed and winning things (not him personally)

Why would he go there?

Because he likes sitting next to Mahrez?

Let's face it, Manchester City are not buying talent to exploit it; they're buying it so nobody else can.

The Chilwell release clause story is bullshit. A Telegraph journalist tweeted it earlier and then removed it saying he was wrong.

I was coming on to post the same thing. He said expect to see Leicester in the top 3 spenders in the league this summer.

Why wouldn’t he be guaranteed first team? He’s better than Delph and Zinchenko.

I don’t think this rumour is going to go away to be honest. Left back is probably Man City’s weakest area, and Chilwell would definitely be Pep’s cup of tea considering how comfortable he is bombing forward.

Why wouldn’t he be guaranteed first team? He’s better than Delph and Zinchenko.

I don’t think this rumour is going to go away to be honest. Left back is probably Man City’s weakest area, and Chilwell would definitely be Pep’s cup of tea considering how comfortable he is bombing forward.

£100m and he's there's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469