Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeil and Fofana would suggest we are sticking to our model of young, talented players with high resell upside.

that makes me feel better that Congerton doesn’t have full control.

Why are we only just doing it? that is what pisses me off.

if we can get one of the signings over the line maybe we can present them to the crowd at half time.....oh....

Why are we only just doing it? that is what pisses me off.

For sure. We need to have a mix. Potential and youth isn't everything, it's more risky and youth often equates to inexperience which, as we've seen last season, can make all the difference.

I think we should go for these young and exciting players but we also need to sign those experienced players who can add plenty of appearances, european matches, have faced a lot of ups and down, losing streaks, winning streaks etc.

Re CB, we have Evans who's highly experienced and Morgan who is a veteran. So I think more youth there might not be a bad thing. But sometimes new experienced players are needed to freshen things up. Players with different experiences to Kasper, Vardy, Albrighton etc.

Plus these experienced guys we've got have been here for yonks. They're LCFC through and through (apart from maybe Evans) so they're ingrained in the Leicester way of things. They're also old. Experienced players of 18/29/30 is what we need.

For sure. We need to have a mix. Potential and youth isn't everything, it's more risky and youth often equates to inexperience which, as we've seen last season, can make all the difference.

I think we should go for these young and exciting players but we also need to sign those experienced players who can add plenty of appearances, european matches, have faced a lot of ups and down, losing streaks, winning streaks etc.

Re CB, we have Evans who's highly experienced and Morgan who is a veteran. So I think more youth there might not be a bad thing. But sometimes new experienced players are needed to freshen things up. Players with different experiences to Kasper, Vardy, Albrighton etc.

Plus these experienced guys we've got have been here for yonks. They're LCFC through and through (apart from maybe Evans) so they're ingrained in the Leicester way of things. They're also old. Experienced players of 18/29/30 is what we need.
Agree. I would also look at players who lead rather than prefer to be led.

It's incomprehensible that Brendan brought Benkovic down from Celtic. Why? He must have known whether he was good enough else why bother? It's one of the biggest ever mysteries at LCFC.

I forgot. But didn't he play quite a few games for Celtic while Rodgers was there?
Yes he did. So we signed him then loaned him out to
Septic. Then their fans loved him and BR thought the world of him. Rumours of him being the "next VVD." Then he got injured and then loaned out to Bristol City.

Maybe he shat in BR's trophy cabinet because he thought the SPL was crap.

Doesn’t excite me. Lot of money for someone so inexperienced.
It is totally illogical.

Buying Tarkowski made perfect sense. This is just odd.

If this fella had signed for Newcastle he'd have been a 'massive waste of cash' etc, etc..... For us however, he's 'young and talented' .... Hmmmmm.

It is totally illogical.

If this fella had signed for Newcastle he'd have been a 'massive waste of cash' etc, etc..... For us however, he's 'young and talented' .... Hmmmmm.

Not really. We've got form of picking up young players and selling them on. Newcastle don't.

Also, not sure how Tarkowski makes sense unless we're playing 3 at the back. A younger centerback with sell on value is much more in the lcfc model

It is totally illogical.

Needing another CB seemed like a great opportunity to get some more experience into the squad. Someone with the character not to roll over and have their tummy tickled.... never mind.

So we buy someone with no experience for half of what we got for Chilwell and then maybe potentially sell them to Chelsea in a few years after they finally come good. Whoop-di-****ing-do.

Fofana could be amazing off the bat. We’ve got a fantastic core of players entering their prime in Ndidi, Tielemans, Ricardo and Soyuncu. I don’t know why, when we’ve just flogged someone, we wouldn’t try to add to that and have a good crack at this season while we still have the players I mentioned plus Vardy and Evans.

Needing another CB seemed like a great opportunity to get some more experience into the squad. Someone with the character not to roll over and have their tummy tickled.... never mind.

So we buy someone with no experience for half of what we got for Chilwell and then maybe potentially sell them to Chelsea in a few years after they finally come good. Whoop-di-****ing-do.

I think Tarkowski would just be perfect for us. 27. Experienced but about to hit his prime. Knows the PL inside out. Strong, good tackler, good defender overrall and knows how to speak English which is a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669