Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would make us very easy to defend against
I think we have been fairly easy to defend against for a while.

Also we still have Vardy, Justin and Ricardo in my preferred team for pace....

If we are comparing 50 million and Praet/KDH starting or Perez/Barnes starting. I know which option I'd choose going forward.

I think it would make us very easy to defend against

Aye. Not sure how anyone could look at us last season and think the side could do with playing with less pace. £50 a ticket to have a good nap.

I think we have been fairly easy to defend against for a while.

Also we still have Vardy, Justin and Ricardo in my preferred team for pace....

If we are comparing 50 million and Praet/KDH starting or Perez/Barnes starting. I know which option I'd choose going forward.

Ted really doesn't rate Praet. Justin and/or Ricardo will probably miss most of the season. Not forgetting that Ricardo hasn't been particularly great since his bad injury which happened before covid stalled that season.....quite a while really.

Ted really doesn't rate Praet. Justin and/or Ricardo will probably miss most of the season. Not forgetting that Ricardo hasn't been particularly great since his bad injury which happened before covid stalled that season.....quite a while really.
My opinion is based on the fact that we are working with the squad we have got. Obviously signing a RW that balances the side is preferred but unrealistic it seems.

I think that Castagne and Thomas provide ample cover for the inevitable injury. I think we all know that Ricky at his best is world class, and if we are talking about players in terms of their previous season form, Barnes for 50 million, thank you very much.

I think that Castagne and Thomas provide ample cover for the inevitable injury. I think we all know that Ricky at his best is world class, and if we are talking about players in terms of their previous season form, Barnes for 50 million, thank you very much.

Barnes was hit and miss last season. We've not seen Ricky at his best for nearly 2 and a half years. Odd to easily cast off one but think the other is a key player IMO.

Barnes was hit and miss last season. We've not seen Ricky at his best for nearly 2 and a half years. Odd to easily cast off one but think the other is a key player IMO.
I'm a fan of Barnes. I'm a fan of 50 million in the transfer fund. I'd sell Ricardo for 50 million as well.

I'm a fan of Barnes. I'm a fan of 50 million in the transfer fund. I'd sell Ricardo for 50 million as well.

50m is a lot of money. At the same time it's cock all if it ends up being spent on some shit Southampton defenders and Lookman who we then make a loss on in a season or 2.

50m for Barnes more than fair. I also think we are stronger playing through the middle, having Harvey means we are always imbalanced and he spends many many games totally lost.

A midfield of
Ndidi,
Tielemans, Praet,
KDH, Maddison

feels stronger for me than

Ndidi,
Tielemans, Maddison
Albrighton/Perez, Barnes
I disagree. I think we’ve always looked better with width in our team. When we’ve played a narrower midfield (diamond, for example), we don’t look as threatening.

Are we missing a key point here? If Newcastle offer us £150m for Barnes, I'd tell them to feck off. I don't want their blood money and I certainly don't want us to be selling one of our better, if inconsistent, players to them.
I’m glad you’re not running the club then.

Turn down £150m for Barnes…wow the silly season really is here…

Richardson went for 60m
Grealish went for 100m
Sterling went for 75m

Barnes had as many or more goals and assists combined than each of them.

£50m? Absolutely ****ing ludicrous. I don't say this too often but BN has got it completely right. I wouldn't deal with those ****s Newcastle for any money, unless we could convince the bastards to spent £100m on Choudhury.

For me, Castagne is a better option than the current version of Ricardo. At his best Ricardo is indeed world class. But as has been said, he hasn't been at his best for a number of seasons. I think currently Castagne offers more offensively than Ricardo.

Richardson went for 60m
Grealish went for 100m
Sterling went for 75m

Barnes had as many or more goals and assists combined than each of them.
PL2020/21PL2021/22
GATotalAvg / 90minsGATotalAvg / 90mins
Barnes
9​
4​
13​
6​
10​
16​
Grealish
6​
12​
18​
3​
3​
6​
Sterling
10​
8​
18​
13​
6​
19​
All comps2020/21All comps2021/22
GATotalAvg / 90minsGATotalAvg / 90mins
Barnes
13​
4​
17​
11​
14​
25​
Grealish
7​
12​
19​
6​
4​
10​
Sterling
14​
12​
26​
17​
9​
26​

Barnes had fewer G+A that Sterling in both of the last two seasons, and fewer than Grealish in 2020/21.

I like Barnes. He's young(ish), English, on his day he's a real threat, and would attract a high transfer value if he were to be sold. But to believe he's worth more than Sterling or Grealish is crazy imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669