Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2022 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought.

When we were resigned to losing Mahrez, the player we wanted to replace him with was Ziyech. We tried to get him from Ajax in 2018 and 2019 and failed. He then joined Chelsea a year later and kind of got a bit lost which seems to happen to a lot of players at Chelsea.

If we are to sell Fofana, a deal to get Ziyech either permanently or on loan would solve our left sided right winger issue. He'd be absolutely perfect for our system.

One of the most baffling signings we've ever made.
Even more baffling that we seem to have been able to get rid of him.

Just a thought.

When we were resigned to losing Mahrez, the player we wanted to replace him with was Ziyech. We tried to get him from Ajax in 2018 and 2019 and failed. He then joined Chelsea a year later and kind of got a bit lost which seems to happen to a lot of players at Chelsea.

If we are to sell Fofana, a deal to get Ziyech either permanently or on loan would solve our left sided right winger issue. He'd be absolutely perfect for our system.
On loan he could be just what we need.

We'd be stupid not to sell him if they come in with £85 million. We can't stop the strategy that brought us to where we are today by hanging on to the team we've got when we could cash in that much money. Get the deal sorted for 85 bars and reinvest.
Nope

We cannot compete financially. We just can't. Our revenue is a fraction of the big six. We have to extend the stadium and develop the area so that our revenue increases. We should have prioritised that well ahead of the training ground.

By sitting still, we've allowed Villa, Newcastle and Everton to sail past us due to their bigger stadiums and fan bases. Yes, they can still be run by clowns (Everton) but the numbers will always win out in the end.

Our model worked so well. We bought in a market the big boys didn't. We sold when it made sense. We kept our squad small and lean. We didn't become billy big bollocks.

Oh, and how much more do you think Fofana will be worth in a year? Maguire is still the world record defender sale and that was three years ago. I think £90-£100m is the ceiling for Fofana. Player inflation doesn't work how you imply it does.
I don't disgree with a lot of this but I'm not suggesting that we compete with the top 6 necessarily although I don't think they as far in advance as us as you think. But, if we want to compete for positions 7 or 8 with solid domestic and European cup runs, which is what we absolutely should be doing, then selling our best assets whenever anyone comes calling is not the way to go about it. Our model did work brilliantly to get us here but what now? We just accept that it's as far as we can go? What's the point in watching or supporting football then? I pay for my ticket because I enjoy going but I also want to see some ambition and if we are just preapred to keep filling the coffers without moving forward then I don't see the ambition in that.

I don't think Villa have moved ahead of us in terms of their squad and Everton certainly haven't. In fact, I think they are going to be lucky to stay up this year. You say that we didn't bcome Billy Big Bollocks and that's spot on but it is exactly what Everton and Villa are trying to do. We can be more sensible in our approach but it doesn't mean we can't hang on to what we have. There is no need whatsoever to sell Fofana and no value to us doing so. If he has a good season this year again, he absolutely will reach that £100m mark and we'd have had a solid season.

I totally agree that we should be spending money on infrastucture as this will help us to compete year on year in those top 8 places but we don't need to sell to do that. There is some totally unfounded nonsense being spouted about how skint we are and how we don't have a pot to piss in but that's more than likely complete and total horse shit. We have a bloated squad that needs thinning out and until we can bring down our wage to income ratio it's going to be very difficult to recruit. Fine; our squad is more than good enough to compete for 7-8th this year if we keep Fofana. We can still spend money on infrastructure should we choose to.

Like I say, I don't diagree with you on much of what you say and I can totally see your logic but I just think we need to try and grow a little more. There is more to come from us if we are wise and careful about how we manage our squad and I want to see that.

I don't disgree with a lot of this but I'm not suggesting that we compete with the top 6 necessarily although I don't think they as far in advance as us as you think. But, if we want to compete for positions 7 or 8 with solid domestic and European cup runs, which is what we absolutely should be doing, then selling our best assets whenever anyone comes calling is not the way to go about it. Our model did work brilliantly to get us here but what now? We just accept that it's as far as we can go? What's the point in watching or supporting football then? I pay for my ticket because I enjoy going but I also want to see some ambition and if we are just preapred to keep filling the coffers without moving forward then I don't see the ambition in that.

I don't think Villa have moved ahead of us in terms of their squad and Everton certainly haven't. In fact, I think they are going to be lucky to stay up this year. You say that we didn't bcome Billy Big Bollocks and that's spot on but it is exactly what Everton and Villa are trying to do. We can be more sensible in our approach but it doesn't mean we can't hang on to what we have. There is no need whatsoever to sell Fofana and no value to us doing so. If he has a good season this year again, he absolutely will reach that £100m mark and we'd have had a solid season.

I totally agree that we should be spending money on infrastucture as this will help us to compete year on year in those top 8 places but we don't need to sell to do that. There is some totally unfounded nonsense being spouted about how skint we are and how we don't have a pot to piss in but that's more than likely complete and total horse shit. We have a bloated squad that needs thinning out and until we can bring down our wage to income ratio it's going to be very difficult to recruit. Fine; our squad is more than good enough to compete for 7-8th this year if we keep Fofana. We can still spend money on infrastructure should we choose to.

Like I say, I don't diagree with you on much of what you say and I can totally see your logic but I just think we need to try and grow a little more. There is more to come from us if we are wise and careful about how we manage our squad and I want to see that.

See, you can debate like a grown up when you try.

I get your frustration but I just think it's impractical. We are growing as a club and I don't think that slows down by selectively selling players.

See, you can debate like a grown up when you try.

I get your frustration but I just think it's impractical. We are growing as a club and I don't think that slows down by selectively selling players.
The irony of starting your response like that :043:

You can still be a condescending prick at times but at least you're consistent ;)

Anyway, we need to grow both on and off the pitch and I know that it takes time but there comes a point when the only way to do that is to change your model. I didn't have any issue with the club selling themselves as a stepping stone to players like Kante et al; this is where our successes have come from. I don't really have an issue with it now to be fair but our turnaround on players shouldn't be as quick as it might be with Fofana. We need to get value on the pitch AND value in the market for them. Keeping Fofana this season, despite the offer Chelsea may make, will give us the best chance of doing this.

I don't think we have been as poor in the market as some do, we've not been great recently but then I don't think our failures have been any worse than any other club's. However, I agree that we need more due dilligence in the type of players we buy for the way we want to play. Fofana fits our model really well and I can't see us replacing him in the short time we have, with anyone who we could get enough out of to challenge the top 8. We could decide that, this season, we'd be happy to finish 14th, get cash in for Fofana and begin the rebuild next season but I just think that builds frustrations in the squad and makes more players question their desire to play for Leicester. It also means our pool of potential players is small because they will see the club as one that is in decline.

It's a tough call for the owners who have to look beyond football but I don't think the way to grow us from where we are now, is to continue to do what we once did to get us to this point.

I’m absolutely certain we can’t go into September without Fofana and expect anything resembling success this season. It’s waving a white flag as far as I’m concerned.

Agree with Chelsea he can go next summer for 100 and put it all to bed.

I know I can sometimes be a thick ****er but why are they not affected? Can anyone explain? Makes the whole FFP pointless surely?
Because they just get a paltry fine and carry on. Or they sell their naming rights/sponsor deals for silly money. Or, like Newcastle did, sell one share for £40m

Chelsea’s last filed accounts show a loss of £148.8m. They have so far spent £163.3m this window. So that’s around £312m debt. Where does it stop. When they reach a billion do they get a prize.

Stupid money for a child’s game.
Can someone explain FFP for me please. I don’t get it at all. All I know is the game is rotten to the core. I have never been less excited about a season.

No mention of salaries in the piece, just that he doesn't want to move to Craven Cottage. Hopefully yesterday's result might make him think they're not that bad, but it should be made clear to him that he'll fifth choice (if that) in a world Cup year if he stays here

No mention of salaries in the piece, just that he doesn't want to move to Craven Cottage. Hopefully yesterday's result might make him think they're not that bad, but it should be made clear to him that he'll fifth choice (if that) in a world Cup year if he stays here
It’s like having a cancerous lump on your arse. **** off Vestandpants.

What the actual ****? Does he want to play football?

He's been included throughout preseason. He's been on the Evian trip. He's training at our luxurious Seagrave facilities. He's being paid more than he's ever made in his life to do very little.

Who can blame him? We treat the players we don't need like Kings.

He's been included throughout preseason. He's been on the Evian trip. He's training at our luxurious Seagrave facilities. He's being paid more than he's ever made in his life to do very little.

Who can blame him? We treat the players we don't need like Kings.
Yes, like ‘Kings.’

What arseholes LCFC are paying players wages and asking them to do the very thing we employed them for, how, very, dare we?

Allowing him to train as well, anyone would think that we are trying to improve him and/or put him in the shop window. Wow, we really are radical, aren’t we?

In BN’s mind anyone who isn’t first choice should be subject to absolute isolation, fed bread and water and forced to sweep chimneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566