Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

"felt something in training".... well there's lead out for you. Fill in the next line.

Me, I'm going to go for 'a huge desire to **** off and be paid shit loads'

Felt a boot up his arse kicking him out the door to get some money in

Pity, cos I think he fits this new system perfectly

Not convinced a keeper is priority. Iversen is perfectly fine for this level, whatever the system. Even Ward could look alright at this level.
Jesus Christ, is that a hint of positivity?

But I completely disagree. Neither of them are good enough. Ward as goalkeeper in general and Iversen with his feet (which will be a massive part of the way Maresca want to play).

Not convinced a keeper is priority. Iversen is perfectly fine for this level, whatever the system. Even Ward could look alright at this level.
Please god, not Ward, ever again.

Quite simply the worst City keeper I can ever imagine.

Iversen was shite. Everyone wanted him in over Ward but, in reality, he was, at best, only slightly better. Stolarczyk was absolutely ****ing dreadful today.

We need a keeper.

Jesus Christ, is that a hint of positivity?

But I completely disagree. Neither of them are good enough. Ward as goalkeeper in general and Iversen with his feet (which will be a massive part of the way Maresca want to play).
I think Maresca either needs to play with a system that suits the current squad, or be able to make wholesale changes.

My fear is that he’ll try to play his way, without the players that can.

I think Maresca either needs to play with a system that suits the current squad, or be able to make wholesale changes.

My fear is that he’ll try to play his way, without the players that can.
He's brought in Winks, Doyle and Coady who will fit that system. He's also soon to bring in Mads Hermansen who looks like the ideal keeper and essential for the style of play that he is looking to play. It may be a slow start but we might eventually get there.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663