Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

He’s going to do really well for us.

Of course it would be better to sign young players rather than develop them for Chelsea and Man City but short term he fills a gaping hole in the team and it means we can move someone like Ndidi on.

The Genoa thing was obviously bollocks just to wring a few more comments and retweets out of his followers.

If this is true, and it comes from a good source, then we should move on. I don't care how good a player he may be, we don't need someone who doesn't want to be here.
I guess we also don’t know where this came from. Perhaps it is all just part of the process and designed to wring more cash out of the eventual buyer?

Looks like a decent player from the little I've seen. He played in a deep playmaker role in Chelsea's friendly win over Wrexham which is basically the same role Harry Winks played for us in the win over Coventry the other day. You would expect that he's going to be competition/cover for Harry Winks in that respect. Maybe we'll move Ndidi out and play both with KDH.

Maresca does seem to be experimenting with Ndidi a bit at the minute to see if he can fashion a more attacking player out of him. I've got to say I like that about him. It's a refreshing approach to management.

Looks like a decent player from the little I've seen. He played in a deep playmaker role in Chelsea's friendly win over Wrexham which is basically the same role Harry Winks played for us in the win over Coventry the other day. You would expect that he's going to be competition/cover for Harry Winks in that respect. Maybe we'll move Ndidi out and play both with KDH.

Maresca does seem to be experimenting with Ndidi a bit at the minute to see if he can fashion a more attacking player out of him. I've got to say I like that about him. It's a refreshing approach to management.
I think you’re right about him covering that role that Winks plays, I get the impression already that we’re truly ****ed if he gets injured.

Mostly though I think he’ll take the place in the side that Ndidi has been playing in preseason and against Cov. He’s a big unit, technically very good and carries the ball through the middle. Basically the kind of thing we’ve been missing for years and what we thought we were getting when we signed Soumare.

I think you’re right about him covering that role that Winks plays, I get the impression already that we’re truly ****ed if he gets injured.

Mostly though I think he’ll take the place in the side that Ndidi has been playing in preseason and against Cov. He’s a big unit, technically very good and carries the ball through the middle. Basically the kind of thing we’ve been missing for years and what we thought we were getting when we signed Soumare.
Casadei is a number 8 and will replace Ndidi. I think he'll score plenty of goals for us.

As for Winks, if he gets injured it will have to rely on Hamza or hopefully a new player coming in.

Bang on the money.

Shame about Soumare, has the profile to do well in this system. Not happening though. Time to move on.

Ndidi and Choudhury can play there too.

I was about to say the same, and also that it depends if they stay.

You've got to think both are available. Surely we don't plan to keep Ndidi to play as a number 8.

If we lose 2 out of 3 of Hamza, Wilf, Souttar then I think it leaves us light.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663