Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

None of us actually know if Souttar is any good or not. If Maresca doesn’t rate him then we should get rid if possible.

I suspect the "weakness" is just that he's a massive old school centre half who isn't capable of playing like a central midfielder with the ball at his feet. Surely Souttar is what you need in the championship if the lovely plan A fails ? 46 game season...we need depth & alternatives.

We've spent 2 ****ing years without a plan B & look where it got us ! I hope I'm wrong but it all sound's like the old " we'll play one way & one way only, whether it works or not " Again.

As I said, I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong.
The main difference here though I believe is that the manager is motivated to achieve success.

There are very few managers who decide to set up materially different based on their opponent that day. The best teams have a system and will let the opposition worry about them rather than the reverse I believe.

We MUST have an identity and just to be clear this chosen identity can always be tweaked depending on the circumstances.

That is not to say though that I wish us to morph from what we are seeeing now to route 1 just because we are losing a game after 20 minutes.

The system naturally adapts when a different player is introduced.

Look at last weekend, we were good in possession and should have been one up at half time.

They then score and (for once) the changes in personnel were quite widely accepted by “us” fans as the right changes - Vardy/Nacho and N’didi/Praet. The dynamic changed as Nacho is effective with his back to goal and Praet (sometimes) finds space and exploits it.

Fairly quickly after those changes we levelled and then went on to win.

None of us actually know if Souttar is any good or not. If Maresca doesn’t rate him then we should get rid if possible.
Has the manager actually had time to see him properly?

I'll not trust the managers personal judgement at this moment in time seeing as he has decided that Vestegaard is worth a place in the team.

I saw enough of Souttar to see there is a potentially very good player there. He also stood out in this exact league before.

Horses for courses.......

Has the manager actually had time to see him properly?

I'll not trust the managers personal judgement at this moment in time seeing as he has decided that Vestegaard is worth a place in the team.

I saw enough of Souttar to see there is a potentially very good player there. He also stood out in this exact league before.

Horses for courses.......
You’ll not trust the managers personal judgement because it differs from your personal judgement.

He’s had as much time to see Souttar as Ward and Soumare and Daka. I assume you trust his judgment there.

And how much did he actually stand out in this exact league before. Again, I never saw him play for Stoke.

Let’s hope as many of the following are gone by September:

Ward
iversen
Castagne
Souttar
Thomas
Soumare
Daka
Ndidi
Choudhury

And possibly Kristiansen

Let’s hope as many of the following are gone by September:

Ward
iversen
Castagne
Souttar
Thomas
Soumare
Daka
Ndidi
Choudhury

And possibly Kristiansen
I think Ndidi, Choudhury and Kristiansen will stay. Apparently Enzo really rates Victor.

I think Ndidi, Choudhury and Kristiansen will stay. Apparently Enzo really rates Victor.

Good, I thought Kristiansen looked fairly decent last season, in what was a very tough situation to come into.

Definitely had enough talent to not bin him off straight away and while we're in a lower league.

Just get them out the door.

Replace them with 2 wingers, another striker and probably a midfielder (Casedi) and another defender and we are cooking on highly flammable gas!

And get Danny Ward out too.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664