Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Why do you continue to Stoke the fire then? That's you all over like you always have to have the last word....

I love a bit if sarcasm but sometimes just drop it and move on with your life. Beyond a certain point it just becomes sad.
I don't know who threw you a bone but if you have an issue with it, pop me on ignore on 'move on with your life'.

Oh, and I dont think you understood the post.

Anyone got any transfer rumours, As this thread has lost its way ?
Well, hopefully Casadei will be coming in soon. This is a short video of his debut for Chelsea. Although a lot of it is useless as a measure of quality, there's enough in it to see that he may have a bit of something about him.

Well, hopefully Casadei will be coming in soon. This is a short video of his debut for Chelsea. Although a lot of it is useless as a measure of quality, there's enough in it to see that he may have a bit of something about him.

Apparently he's very highly rated, in the video clip it looks like he plays in front of the back 4, I like the way he brings the ball forward.

Well we ain’t gonna get that there Cole Palmer fella, are we……

Rumour from an informed poster on foxestalk...

The 4 first team squad members who didn't feature today are all surplus to requirements and have been told to find new clubs - Iversen, Ward, Thomas and Soumare. Castagne, Albrighton and Souttar all expected to move on too.

The 4 first team squad members who didn't feature today are all surplus to requirements and have been told to find new clubs - Iversen, Ward, Thomas and Soumare. Castagne, Albrighton and Souttar all expected to move on too.
I’d like to see Souttar and Thomas stay out of that lot.

And Albrighton until we sign a couple of wingers of course

Doesn't surprise me.

I thought today Thomas is clearly surplus to requirements.

If Doyle is going to play left back, and we've got JJ on the bench, then there's not a role for Thomas. A shame really, as we've said for a while a year in the Championship would do him good - now we're there, and he's not gonna get a look in.

Getting rid is proving very tricky.

Thomas is in his last year of his contract and hasn't improved at all in the last three years. He is technically pretty weak but on good money so I don't know how we sell without taking a hit.

Soumare is a problem because he has three years on his contract and amortisation means we can't really afford to sell him. A loan looks much more likely.

Ward will probably find a bench on loan somewhere. I'd be amazed if anyone bought him.

Iversen should have a market and is worth £5m. There aren't many sides who want a keeper who can't pass though.

I'm surprised and disappointed to think we're giving up on Souttar so fast. I think he's technically every bit as good as Vestergaard and is a much better defender but EM has seemingly made his mind up. Again amortisation is a problem so a loan seems likely.

Albrighton will be on very good money and was garbage for WBA so I don't see where he goes. He's been finished for a while now. A Perez type situation.

Castagne will go on loan too I expect. Nobody seems keen to pay and I don't blame them as his form has been dreadful for two years.

Obviously wanting them out and getting them out are very different things. But I’d be happy for all of those players to leave and for us to bring in some replacements. Obviously not like for like replacements in each case.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563