Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2023 rumours thread - it's started already!

Souttar situation is a complete ****ing joke imo.

Thomas also could be a great player.
I don't think Thomas has the potential to ever be a 'great' player.

Souttar has had one very good game for us, away at Newcastle. And yes, that was at a higher standard. He's got experience at this level. I never saw him at Stoke but my impression is that he did well without exactly having every higher level scout watching him.

If one or both don't fit in the managers plans, we're better off to try and offload them.

He surely wouldn’t want to go there.
I'd pick Nice over the east midlands every time (no offence to you locals).

But if you mean he wouldn't want to go there after his association with us, his dad played for Man City.

Getting rid is proving very tricky.

Thomas is in his last year of his contract and hasn't improved at all in the last three years. He is technically pretty weak but on good money so I don't know how we sell without taking a hit.

Soumare is a problem because he has three years on his contract and amortisation means we can't really afford to sell him. A loan looks much more likely.

Ward will probably find a bench on loan somewhere. I'd be amazed if anyone bought him.

Iversen should have a market and is worth £5m. There aren't many sides who want a keeper who can't pass though.

I'm surprised and disappointed to think we're giving up on Souttar so fast. I think he's technically every bit as good as Vestergaard and is a much better defender but EM has seemingly made his mind up. Again amortisation is a problem so a loan seems likely.

Albrighton will be on very good money and was garbage for WBA so I don't see where he goes. He's been finished for a while now. A Perez type situation.

Castagne will go on loan too I expect. Nobody seems keen to pay and I don't blame them as his form has been dreadful for two years.
Souttar is baffling to me. Vestergaard clearly isn't interested in making a career here so we'll just need to find another long term option at CB. Souttar has only been here 5 minutes, has proven ability at this level & yet is frozen out immediately.
Just looks like " doesn't fit the system " to me. Which would seem to mean that we'll be only playing one way no matter what. Worryingly familiar.

I'll be interested to see what happens with Kristiansen going forward. If he doesn't get a look in either I'd be suspicious that Maresca is sending a message to the recruitment team that their recommendations are suspect & he has his own options. Which would of course again be worryingly familiar.

All conjecture of course but it makes me uneasy. The Rodgers scars are going to take a while to heal.

I've said a few times we haven't got to the bottom of our slump yet, it's going to be another year and possibly longer before the players that aren't needed are moved on, this will affect the ability to bring in new players as the wages won't allow it.

If we can keep at the top end of the table whilst the cleanup continues them it will be a good achievement by Enzo. We are still short of players with flair and the ability to create goals, the window is still open so let's hope some more leave and some quality replacements come in.

I watched the highlights and can't believe the terrible defending and effort put in by Vestergaard for when they hit the bar in the second half.
I can

Vestergaard Looked good in possession. The problem is when we don’t have the ball. The question for the manager to answer is whether the benefit of using someone who can play out from the back at this level reasonably well is worth the risk that they are a bomb scare when the other team is in possession and having a go.

It was an entertaining game yesterday that we dominated for long periods. The concern is that if they had the quality they would’ve buried us in the 20 or so minutes when they were on top. Mads saved our bacon several times.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463