Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2018/19 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been a great servant but absolutely doesn’t fit Puel’s style of play. Shinji is brilliant without the ball but less so with the ball.

He has been a great servant but absolutely doesn’t fit Puel’s style of play. Shinji is brilliant without the ball but less so with the ball.
Weirdly, his initial close control could be bloody brilliant.
Other times, not so!

But that smile :)

I work staging live concerts, so if a 6000 seater arena is true that would be a huge success for the local economy and to bring better quality entertainment to Leicester.

Do you really think so? I used to work in the music industry but have been out of it for a fair while.

What sort of acts do you think a 6000 seater arena would attract?
From the outside it seems to me that these days the biggest acts play "tours" that consist of 3 gigs at either stadiums or the 02. Smaller acts on the way up (or down!) play much smaller venues (if they can find one that hasn't been closed down due to ****ing gentrification or been converted into student flats)

6000 would be a number that falls between two stools wouldn't it?

Dozens of well-known venues hold far less than 6000.
Yes but well known historically doesn't mean much these days. In my youth one of the most exciting times of the year was when the gig list for the De Mont came out. Half a dozen dates circled normally. Nowadays it's just comedy shows, panto, orchestras & sad arsed reunion tours. Music is a very different thing these days (sadly)

It's 6000 seats though isnt it? I'd assume there would be a standing area. Newcastle arena has around 6k seating but holds 11k for gigs and sells out for big names despite having awful acoustics. The most popular stuff of the moment tends to be stadium tours but we have one of those if needed.

Stadium tours are wank.

6000 seater would work well for boxing probably. Or King Power could buy the Riders & try to make Basketball vaguely interesting. Wouldn't work for me but some people seem to like it.

I wonder if we asked Fenerbache if they would send Slimani back and take Iheanacho on loan instead if they would be interested?

I wonder if we asked Fenerbache if they would send Slimani back and take Iheanacho on loan instead if they would be interested?

Can't we just offer them Iheanacho and a couple of million squids on condition that they keep him?

Can't we just offer them Iheanacho and a couple of million squids on condition that they keep him?
I still see a player in Nacho but he desperately needs to be the first choice striker somewhere to develop, I also think we are putting in some decent crosses but are lacking an old school centre forward to attack them to turn them from decent into quality

I don't like criticising players that aren't given a fair chance. Iheanacho is a goal scorer. He's an excellent finisher and plays on the last defender. If we played him there and he was terrible, I'd be first in line to give him stick. But we rarely do. We don't even allow Vardy to play that way any more so what chance has Iheanacho got?

On Saturday, he was asked to play in the number 10 position, then on the right side of midfield. He cannot effectively do either. And despite getting played out of position constantly, he doesn't seem to complain, he just does his best in whatever role he's asked to play.

I think we'll add a few more this Jan and sell plenty in the summer. Whether that means Puel as well who knows.

I just can't see Kelechi doing well here though I really hope I'm wrong.
I think we owe to Shinji to continue his career elsewhere as I think his style means he has plenty to offer still to many at the top level.

I do feel we need a different striker in style to Vardy. Someone big and strong but with good movement, finishing and some technique. I always liked Rondon but plenty will disagree with him being right for us. I think he's better than Slimani though.

I must say, Ghezzal put in his best performance on Saturday. If he can put in more regular shifts like that he could be a very useful players. His set-pieces looked fantastic against Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757