Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe - in fairness - we tried. If he says 'no' then we're into gambling territory - what's another season worth? etc. I dunno. We paid a reported £40M for him and we might not recoup that... but the club may still feel it was money well spent. Let's just hope he doesn't prat about until the summer... as he might well have done at Monaco...

Could well be. I don't know the circumstances at Monaco, I just know they were glad to be rid for the money they got.
The FA cup win would justify in losses in transfer fees.

Man U would be stupid enough to pay £60 million when we would accept £30 million.

Is this how transfer business is normally conducted? It feels a bit, I dunno, something. I'm going off him for what might be totally normal (but usually behind the scenes) manoeuvring.

Or is it a reminder that we are a stepping stone, and that's a bit hard to take?

Is this how transfer business is normally conducted? It feels a bit, I dunno, something. I'm going off him for what might be totally normal (but usually behind the scenes) manoeuvring.

Or is it a reminder that we are a stepping stone, and that's a bit hard to take?
Well it's pretty much exactly how it was done with Chilwell and Maguire.

It's his constant grin that's starting to get to me. He's made his mind up even though he pretends he hasn't.

We should have sold him last summer.

He was probably too loyal in not pushing for a move earlier too.

He's a top quality player who should be playing with better players than he's got here.

We've ****ed up so will only get half the money we could have done.

Perfect example of why we must be okay with being a selling club.

We should have sold him last summer.

He was probably too loyal in not pushing for a move earlier too.

He's a top quality player who should be playing with better players than he's got here.

We've ****ed up so will only get half the money we could have done.

Perfect example of why we must be okay with being a selling club.
I disagree.
A top player would show why he’s a top player.
Since the FA Cup final he has acted like a petulant child.

A top player would have grabbed the rest of the team by the proverbials.

Thank you for that goal Youri, but if you don’t want to sign , then **** off

I disagree.
A top player would show why he’s a top player.
Since the FA Cup final he has acted like a petulant child.

A top player would have grabbed the rest of the team by the proverbials.

Thank you for that goal Youri, but if you don’t want to sign , then **** off

You're sliding back into Mahrez territory here.

Top quality players do not believe that playing for Leicester is the pinnacle of their careers. We are a stepping stone.

It should have been pretty obvious to the club that Tielemans wasn't signing a new contract when he didn't sign anything when it was offered a year or more ago.

It's simply untrue to say that he's not tried this season. He's been as good as any player and better than the vast majority of them. But when whatever you do is ineffective because your manager has lost the plot and your teammates are either not good enough or playing well below their true level, what is he supposed to do? You're slagging him off because he's not carrying the team every week?

Just like with Mahrez, Tielemans has given us wonderful memories. He's a great player that we've been lucky to see in a City shirt. We should have done what we used to be good at, cashing in at top value and reinvesting in talented young players.

But we are messing up our model in an impossible attempt to pacify a manager who spent last summer demanding that we not sell and then spent our highest net transfer outlay in history. All to achieve something he now appears to be saying was impossible anyway.

He's made a total mess of it. Not Youri Tielemans.

That smug little grin doesn't help, it's true, but then I have to remind myself that people can't always help what they look like; he might not be being smug at all.

I dunno. I just feel like we've served a purpose for him now. I hope I'm wrong and we see something like professionalism on Sunday. Shame we don't have any Monaco fans on board (wasn't there one a whilst back?). I'd like to know if he downed tools with them.

You're sliding back into Mahrez territory here.

Top quality players do not believe that playing for Leicester is the pinnacle of their careers. We are a stepping stone.

It should have been pretty obvious to the club that Tielemans wasn't signing a new contract when he didn't sign anything when it was offered a year or more ago.

It's simply untrue to say that he's not tried this season. He's been as good as any player and better than the vast majority of them. But when whatever you do is ineffective because your manager has lost the plot and your teammates are either not good enough or playing well below their true level, what is he supposed to do? You're slagging him off because he's not carrying the team every week?

Just like with Mahrez, Tielemans has given us wonderful memories. He's a great player that we've been lucky to see in a City shirt. We should have done what we used to be good at, cashing in at top value and reinvesting in talented young players.

But we are messing up our model in an impossible attempt to pacify a manager who spent last summer demanding that we not sell and then spent our highest net transfer outlay in history. All to achieve something he now appears to be saying was impossible anyway.

He's made a total mess of it. Not Youri Tielemans.
Spot on and we should want to be seen as a desirable place for players to go, in that sort of way. We have to be realistic (to a degree) about where we sit in the food chain.

Sell and move on. He's a class player but he's not irreplaceable.

It's simply untrue to say that he's not tried this season. He's been as good as any player and better than the vast majority of them. But when whatever you do is ineffective because your manager has lost the plot and your teammates are either not good enough or playing well below their true level, what is he supposed to do?
Inherent in that statement is that you think he has stopped trying, however understandably.

We'll get less than we would've last summer....it didn't sound like it was ever likely to happen then tbh.

On the plus side. Even if we get half of what we would have, it could be worth more as Brendan might not be spending it.

We'll get less than we would've last summer....it didn't sound like it was ever likely to happen then tbh.
That's my thought when people say we should have gotten rid last summer. I think if we'd have had a decent offer, we would have. I just don't recall there being serious interest.

I remember Maguire and Chilwell being different. We knew the clubs involved, their interest and it was only a matter of time. Youri strikes me more like the Mahrez 'come and get me' situation... and it's kind of souring things for me.

The only thing I can genuinely say is that when players move on, I tend not to give a toss. They are quickly forgotten. Not begrudgingly and I honestly don't wish them ill (as long as they don't bad mouth us) - I just don't care about them anymore. I suspect that'll happen to Youri too; he'll go and drop off my radar.

Tielemans has been awful this season. I can’t think of a single game where he’s played well for 90 mins. There was the goal at Brentford but beyond that I can’t think of a game when he’s influenced it in a positive way. Sure, you can say that about most if not all of our players. But it’s more galling when one of our supposed better players does it. ‘Great’ players (which I don’t think he is. And that’s not recency bias. I think he has the potential to be a ‘top’ player, but he certainly isn’t that yet and may never be) are supposed to drag their team up to another level. He’s been as worse as anyone this season.

At least he's not reached the refusing to play/sitting in the airport stage yet.
I’ll never like Mahrez after he did that. But when he came back he was still one of our best if not best player. Tielemans might not have refused to play but instead he’s been going through the motions this season and playing like a shadow of what he had been for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4572
6Norwich City4572
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464