Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2021/22 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but if we scroll back we see that you were the one who introduced that phrase. I thought it might be helpful to clarify that it needn’t be part of the conversation at all.
Clarify or stipulate?

You make it sound as though I'm not allowed to use those words! Or that I have to run it past you first! There's no restriction on how I can address the topic. I mean, I've even been encouraged to swear!

There's been a range of opinions expressed and 'downing tools' was only intended to allude to what has already been said. More to the point, I was specific in not accusing Youri of it. My remarks on having no respect for a player downing tools are, I thought, clearly hypothetical and not about Youri. They were actually motivated by your suggestion that Youri was being '"dragged back". I disagree with that take.

I don't think Youri thinks he's being dragged back by his team mates and/or the club at all. I actually see no explicit disrespect in him wanting to move on - either towards the club nor his team mates.

I think there's a tendancy to see things as black or white, to polarize discussions, to see the differing opinions as simply for' or 'against' - to set up a straw man to sound off against. Unfortunately, and perhaps ironically, I think my comments have been interpreted as putting me in the 'against' camp, and that's simply not the case.

With all due respect, I think you've misunderstood what I wrote. You seem to be objecting to me saying Youri hasn't downed tools! Or perhaps you see my quoting you as some form of criticism - I can assure you it wasn't. I just don't share your perspective that Youri is perhaps demotivated by the lack of quality teammates.

Last edited:
Youri is a quality player and for me will move on with my best wishes. His level has dropped this year, but then so has everyone else’s. Whether he will make it at a ‘top’ team consistently only time will tell. I think he probably lacks a yard of pace and can be careless with the ball a bit too much (you can get away with it at Leicester but there is too much scrutiny at top clubs)… but time will tell.

I'd think that you are afforded more leniency at a higher club. You tend to have more time to show off your attacking repertoire went you aren't running backwards, screaming.

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has heightened speculation that his ideal next job will be in the Manchester area after finding a new home in Cheshire's 'football belt'.
But would Manchester United rather have Rodgers or the soon-to-be-available Pochettino? The choice is theirs but I know what mine would be.

But would Manchester United rather have Rodgers or the soon-to-be-available Pochettino? The choice is theirs but I know what mine would be.
Neither would be my choice.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...e-25m-rated-Shakthar-Donetsk-winger-Tete.html

Brentford and Leicester explore a potential free move for £25m-rated Shakthar Donetsk winger Tete with FIFA under pressure to grant foreign players in Ukraine and Russia transfers away from the warring countries

Brentford and Leicester City are exploring whether they can sign Shakhtar Donetsk winger Tete this week.
The £25million-rated Brazilian wants to cancel his contract with his Ukrainian club as the war with Russia continues to rage and football is suspended.
FIFA have already announced that foreign players in Ukraine and Russia can leave on loan as long as they make a decision before April 7.
Shakhtar have 12 Brazilians registered and all are looking to find other clubs at least on a temporary basis.
However, talks are being held by some about annulling contracts amid calls from players union FIFPRO who say FIFA should take a stronger stance to protect players' welfare.
Tete and teammate Dodo are among those looking at permanent moves and Premier League sides have been approached to see if they can take them into their squads.
Early proposals include allowing them to train with prospective clubs while the Premier League determines whether to allow signings to be made now rather than hold off until the summer.
There is a concern that giving permanent signings a green light in March would be ethically wrong as rivals have already filled their squad quotas meeting the deadline in January.
Tete has played 28 games this season and scored ten goals. Though has still to be capped by Brazil at full level, he has two U23 caps and has trained with the national side.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...e-25m-rated-Shakthar-Donetsk-winger-Tete.html

Brentford and Leicester explore a potential free move for £25m-rated Shakthar Donetsk winger Tete with FIFA under pressure to grant foreign players in Ukraine and Russia transfers away from the warring countries

Brentford and Leicester City are exploring whether they can sign Shakhtar Donetsk winger Tete this week.
The £25million-rated Brazilian wants to cancel his contract with his Ukrainian club as the war with Russia continues to rage and football is suspended.
FIFA have already announced that foreign players in Ukraine and Russia can leave on loan as long as they make a decision before April 7.
Shakhtar have 12 Brazilians registered and all are looking to find other clubs at least on a temporary basis.
However, talks are being held by some about annulling contracts amid calls from players union FIFPRO who say FIFA should take a stronger stance to protect players' welfare.
Tete and teammate Dodo are among those looking at permanent moves and Premier League sides have been approached to see if they can take them into their squads.
Early proposals include allowing them to train with prospective clubs while the Premier League determines whether to allow signings to be made now rather than hold off until the summer.
There is a concern that giving permanent signings a green light in March would be ethically wrong as rivals have already filled their squad quotas meeting the deadline in January.
Tete has played 28 games this season and scored ten goals. Though has still to be capped by Brazil at full level, he has two U23 caps and has trained with the national side.
If only Ian Harte was still playing because that would be a headline writer’s dream.

Harte Rules Tete

No. You’ve proved you can do better than this. It’s a ****ing shambles. You’ve let everyone here down, you’ve let yourself down and you have made a mockery of this forum.

Right, I need to address this head on. I know that everyone expects a lot from me thanks to;

1. Voted funniest forum member
2. The Daley Campbell Soup joke
3. Consistently good Pun 11s
4. A separate point but you’ve got a short ****ing memory pal because I too think xG is a load of old chinstroky wank
5. The list is too short to justify my mock outrage so here’s a couple more;
6. Flaps
7. The Daley Campbell Soup joke
8. I’m pissed

It’s hard to be funny when we’ve just won three in a row without conceding. I’m here for you ****s trying to raise a smile when shit goes wrong, so forgive me for being pissed and seeing the ‘tete’ and being 60% sure that means head in French.

Fuming.

Right, I need to address this head on. I know that everyone expects a lot from me thanks to;

4. A separate point but you’ve got a short ****ing memory pal because I too think xG is a load of old chinstroky wank
6. Flaps
8. I’m pissed

It’s hard to be funny when we’ve just won three in a row without conceding. I’m here for you ****s trying to raise a smile when shit goes wrong, so forgive me for being pissed and seeing the ‘tete’ and being 60% sure that means head in French.

Fuming.
Well, I just hope this ****ing nightmare is remembered by the voters of next year’s TB awards.

6. Flaps
8. I’m pissed

Fuming.
This was rubbish you Richard Tete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572