Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Re KDH. 9 goals and 9 assists in 28 matches means he's indispensable to us for the rest of this season. Assuming his contract doesn't run out in the summer, we'd be bonkers to sell him.

Players adapt, improve, learn new things and can develop massively under different managers and I think the KDH we see now has a lot to do with EM. Yes he wasn't all that in the Prem but who's to say he won't be fantastic next season? The evidence is unclear because of how much he's improved. Only time will tell if it's just that he's dropped a level or if he's actually improved.

Sell him at our own peril.

(EM) asked if he was confident Dewsbury-Hall wouldn’t be sold, the manager said: “This is a question for the club, not for me,” before adding: “We have talked about the transfer window for sure, but it’s not a question for me.

“At the end, we need some balance. We’ll see. Anyway, I’m not saying anything because Kiernan is our player. In the moment that something happens, I will tell my thoughts about it.”

KDH. Born in Leicester, always wanted to play for Leicester.
Going to Brighton is not a step up. They might be a better team than us (at the moment), but they won't win f**k all. So why go there.
Getting promoted puts us pretty much level with them and I'd fancy us winning something before they do.
Lcfc would be foolish to sell him and KDH would be foolish to go.

(EM) asked if he was confident Dewsbury-Hall wouldn’t be sold, the manager said: “This is a question for the club, not for me,” before adding: “We have talked about the transfer window for sure, but it’s not a question for me.

“At the end, we need some balance. We’ll see. Anyway, I’m not saying anything because Kiernan is our player. In the moment that something happens, I will tell my thoughts about it.”
So definitely something in it and he could well be sold.

Going to Brighton is not a step up. They might be a better team than us (at the moment), but they won't win f**k all. So why go there.
Getting promoted puts us pretty much level with them and I'd fancy us winning something before they do.

It's very short term thinking. They're in Europe...for now. But yes, getting promoted puts us at pretty much the same level other than that. We've won far more recently and are a bigger attraction when we're in the Prem.

But football is often short term. Players can get injured in a second and lose their earnings if they have to retire. Anyone know how much KDH is on? Bet you Brighton double it.

It's very short term thinking. They're in Europe...for now. But yes, getting promoted puts us at pretty much the same level other than that. We've won far more recently and are a bigger attraction when we're in the Prem.

But football is often short term. Players can get injured in a second and lose their earnings if they have to retire. Anyone know how much KDH is on? Bet you Brighton double it.
I had it in my head he was “only” on about £20k a week, so if that was the case then he’d definitely be looking to up that while his stock is high.

Brighton will be where we currently are within 5 years.

Higher in the pyramid currently is not better. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663