Speculation The hysterically annoying, and totally unfounded, but traditional, January 2024 rumours thread.

Get Ndidi to agree to sign a new contract in the summer if we go up. If he doesn’t, I’d sell him now.

He’s been great this season but with the quality of our squad and the points difference to 3rd, we will get promoted with or without him.

I’d rather he stayed and agreed to sign a new contract though.

What apparently isn’t being considered here is Wilfs intentions.

He may be happy to stay at the club in the event we go up, but not if we don’t.

And who could blame him

He won’t make up his mind right now, especially with AFCON about to start, so we just keep talking, maybe have something on the table and wait it out

Would be rank ****ing lunacy to sell him. Jebus, some people

I was assuming this might be the case. He’s never struck me as someone who particularly wanted out, so there could be a bit of truth in this.

Can pretty much guarantee that there wont be a single person at the Club who is thinking anything else

And thank **** for that, because if they were they would actually be truly batshit mental

Short memory

Club is still ran by the blind ****s from last season.

Get Ndidi to agree to sign a new contract in the summer if we go up. If he doesn’t, I’d sell him now.

He’s been great this season but with the quality of our squad and the points difference to 3rd, we will get promoted with or without him.

I’d rather he stayed and agreed to sign a new contract though.
**** me CF, have you seen us play this season without Wilf?

He is absolutely central to our success.

The more interesting cases are Vestergaard and Vardy.
Yep. Vardy offers a lot, especially for the likes of Cannon and any other young striker we can get in. I have always liked Vestergaard and think he was badly treated by Rodgers. He could do a job for us in certain games if we happen to be in the PL so I'd offer him an extension.

**** me CF, have you seen us play this season without Wilf?

He is absolutely central to our success.
If we can’t get this squad of players promoted without Wilf, we have serious issues.

Who have made a terrific appointment in trying to put things right.

I'm shit at darts but I've hit a treble twenty on occasion.

The **** up of the last 3 years isn't erased by one managerial appointment.

To continue the analogy, the decision to go with EM over Parker was largely throwing a dart blindfolded and hitting the bullseye. It was just like the last time we opted to go with an Italian manager.

Ah. I see.

So if it's management, that can't be made better. But, if we have, say, a player who has been shit for years and then scores a couple fo goals, all can be forgiven because he's now great.

Just so long as I know the arbitrary rules.

I think they deserve enormous credit for appointing Maresca. A calculated risk that has worked very well.
Absolutely. Some folk think he was a name drawn out of a Christmas Cracker. There's been a good amount of due diligence and research put in behind the scenes for this appointment. It is paying off.

Absolutely. Some folk think he was a name drawn out of a Christmas Cracker. There's been a good amount of due diligence and research put in behind the scenes for this appointment. It is paying off.
Shame there wasn’t the same due diligence with Dean Smith.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463