Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps…

if he had not wasted over £200m on second rate ‘fillers’

if we had finished 4th instead of 5th and had CL football two seasons running

if BR was actually a tactical mastermind

if we had a better medical team and less injuries to of key players

if Covid had never happened and KP continued to make good profits from tourism

if our defenders could keep their heads whilst all about were losing theirs and blaming it on the coaching staff,

Then our finances would be a lot stronger, the team’s ranking would be higher – and we could keep James Maddison - and others might also be more than happy to stay

Perhaps – Perhaps - Perhaps

I agree with almost all of that. But in the words of a past manager, "We are where we are".

And what does airing those frustrations publicly achieve?
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People ask him what's gone wrong and then they don't like the answer. I really don't see it as criticism of the club, more a comment on the situation.

Maddison deserves so much better than what he’s surrounded by right now. And if, or let’s face it when, he leaves us I will wish him all the very best: He’s surrounded by incompetence at every turn.

Perhaps…

if he had not wasted over £200m on second rate ‘fillers’

This is quite an interesting topic to me, relating to the Rodgers story. I'm guessing you're thinking of players like Vestergaard, Bertrand, Benkovic... Perez?

This is quite an interesting topic to me, relating to the Rodgers story. I'm guessing you're thinking of players like Vestergaard, Bertrand, Benkovic... Perez?
Yes, someone posted a listof players/ fees in another thread for a more accurate number, but I couldn't recall where I saw it to re quote it.

Benković was here before Rodgers

Sorry, I checked Transfermarket but didn't realise Puel got him from Dinamo Zagreb. I instead thought Rodgers got him from Celtic.

It is quite interesting when you realise how many of Puel's signings were good though, such as Pereira, Tielemans, Soyuncu, and Maddison. Puel's legacy gave us the team that nearly finished in the top four twice in a row.

Sorry, I checked Transfermarket but didn't realise Puel got him from Dinamo Zagreb. I instead thought Rodgers got him from Celtic.

It is quite interesting when you realise how many of Puel's signings were good though, such as Pereira, Tielemans, Soyuncu, and Maddison. Puel's legacy gave us the team that nearly finished in the top four twice in a row.
Some of the football played under Puel was bloody brilliant , then we just turned to shit.

At the moment, our biggest issue clearly is defence. I don't care about free-flowing attacking football until we learn to stop conceding, Partly mentality, partly tactics. We need a coach who can teach our squad to be hard to beat.

Goals For 15 = 7th highest scorers
Goals Against 24 = Most goals conceded

Beggars can't be choosers. I'd love to bring in a top coach who is tactically awesome, can defend, is versatile etc. But right now, I'd take someone who can defend and give us some backbone even if they don't play pretty. It ain't about style, it's about survival.

Word on the street is that his representative has made it clear to the club that Maddison is not interested in renewing his contract and all talks have stopped.

He's available on a free transfer in summer 2023 if not sold.

Word on the street is that his representative has made it clear to the club that Maddison is not interested in renewing his contract and all talks have stopped.

He's available on a free transfer in summer 2023 if not sold.
2024. So we’ll have to sell him to the highest bidder next summer. Which will inevitably be ****ing Newcastle or Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757