The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

I feel the need to admit I was wrong about Vardy.

I thought it was time to move on from him a couple of years ago. The combination of his age and his wage made me think that he shouldn't be part of our future. To be fair, he was largely dreadful in 22/23.

I was totally wrong.

Last season, he showed a consistency and impact that I thought he'd lost. On Monday, his surprise name on our teamsheet was almost worth a goal in itself. It lifted everyone and it's obvious that he just pulls the other players along with him.

Like everyone else now, I'm just hoping he stays fit for as much of the season as possible. Whether starting or being an impact sub, his physical condition is probably the single biggest factor that will determine the number of wins we achieve.

I might be entirely wrong but I thought he looked as good as ever on Monday. I can see him having a very good season if he can stay fit.

I might be entirely wrong but I thought he looked as good as ever on Monday. I can see him having a very good season if he can stay fit.

If he'd slotted in that second, I would agree.

I wished he'd buried that one. But he did look bright. I do also think at times he and Ayew play together, that could benefit him.

If he'd slotted in that second, I would agree.

I wished he'd buried that one. But he did look bright. I do also think at times he and Ayew play together, that could benefit him.
I think he should have smashed it high, near post and not gone the way the keeper expected.

Bit stupid me telling him how to score goals though isn’t it?

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34