The Masters at Augusta 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Anyone really excited by the prospect of this year's Masters? Will Rory rectify his back 9 collapse and put in 4 excellent rounds to go on to win his second major at Augusta? Or will Tiger once again win another major to make it 15?

Seemingly a two horse race, but it really isn't. Donald, Westwood, Rose, Mahan, Dustin Johnson, Adam Scott, Mickelson, Bradley & Stricker are all definitely in with a shout. The problem being for some of them, (Dustin Johnson) for example, Augusta is very much a course about the quality of your short game & not taking it apart with length. I'd really like to see an Englishman win, especially Donald, I feel his play over the last 2 years definitely deserves a major & he definitely has the short game to do it. However, I think either Woods or Mickelson will win this year.

Thoughts?

Anyone really excited by the prospect of this year's Masters? Will Rory rectify his back 9 collapse and put in 4 excellent rounds to go on to win his second major at Augusta? Or will Tiger once again win another major to make it 15?

Seemingly a two horse race, but it really isn't. Donald, Westwood, Rose, Mahan, Dustin Johnson, Adam Scott, Mickelson, Bradley & Stricker are all definitely in with a shout. The problem being for some of them, (Dustin Johnson) for example, Augusta is very much a course about the quality of your short game & not taking it apart with length. I'd really like to see an Englishman win, especially Donald, I feel his play over the last 2 years definitely deserves a major & he definitely has the short game to do it. However, I think either Woods or Mickelson will win this year.

Thoughts?

I hear all of what you're saying there, except the part about long hitting. John Daly and Tiger are big hitters and the course suited them. For me, Augusta is set up for left handers, think Mickelson and Mike Weir as recent winners. Pro's prefer to draw the ball and therefore it helps to hit a fade for right handers, which is not typically how the they prefer to play. For me Bubba Watson at 50/1 is a decent each way shout, a leftie who hits it a long way. I'm happy to be proved wrong and I'd love Westwood to win it, but I'd go for a big hitter, and McIlroy is (obviously) a good candidate.

I'm going. On Sunday.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

I firmly believe its Tigers fifth this year.

Incidentally, Dustin Johnson withdrew with a back problem.

Last edited:
Have fun, Mate!

Should be fun to have the Ryder Cup near Chicago this year.

I'm going. On Sunday.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

I firmly believe its Tigers fifth this year.

Incidentally, Dustin Johnson withdrew with a back problem.

Wow, I'd love to go!

In response to PPF, I probably worded it too strongly, I meant that it favours a player with a quality short game as opposed to one with length. Not that it is DEFINITELY a player with a quality short game that will win.

Can't see Westy winning it, doesn't have the putting for it and never has done. Bubba is a good shout mind.

Wow, I'd love to go!

In response to PPF, I probably worded it too strongly, I meant that it favours a player with a quality short game as opposed to one with length. Not that it is DEFINITELY a player with a quality short game that will win.

Can't see Westy winning it, doesn't have the putting for it and never has done. Bubba is a good shout mind.

I honestly can't believe my own luck. Proper bucket list stuff for me.

I honestly can't believe my own luck. Proper bucket list stuff for me.

I know they're quite strict about these things, but a few sneaky pictures posted on here would be nice? I'm not looking to get you thrown out as I'm fully aware it's a very rare opportunity to go, but it looks a magnificent place from what you see on the TV.

I know they're quite strict about these things, but a few sneaky pictures posted on here would be nice? I'm not looking to get you thrown out as I'm fully aware it's a very rare opportunity to go, but it looks a magnificent place from what you see on the TV.

They won't let cameras on the grounds, but I'll see what I can do.

I'm going. On Sunday.

The jealousy I feel is building by the minute. Loving The Masters this year and can't believe you're gonna get to see it.

I've been to The Open twice and the Ryder Cup twice but Augusta looks on a different level.

Mickelson is stunning at times. His lob shot into 15 there was phenomenal, who else would or could have played it like that?

Last edited:
Shame to see Rory fade away last night. And for Westwood to not make any gains. Mickelson's round was superb.

Watson's back nine was superb. Westwood just didn't nail the one or two big putts that would have got him into the playoff.

Watson's back nine was superb. Westwood just didn't nail the one or two big putts that would have got him into the playoff.

Did you see the stat regarding Westwood's putting going into the final round? He'd apparently taken 21 more putts than Mickelson after 3 rounds!! It's amazing that he putted as he did and yet still managed to get as close as he did.

Well....that was fun.

Got to see the Scott hole-in-one. Also watched Bubba birdie 16 to tie it.

What an amazing place.

Last edited:
Westwood baffles me, it's blatantly obvious where the problem with his game is & it's been obvious for years. Yet he still hasn't sorted or at least even progressed slightly towards becoming a better putter.. He would've won 3 or 4 majors by now if he could putt, he gets himself in contention, then falls short because of his lack of putting ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669