The Olympic Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Thoughts?

Great design, massive cost, good to see it ahead of schedule.

Major probelms for me is it's post-2012 usage. There is simply no need for a 25,000 capacity Athletics stadium. Why not sell it as a 80,000 stadium to Spurs, West Ham or the like? Maybe even sell the 25,000 product to Leyton Orient, London Wasps or a fellow London Rugby club.

Just proves what a ****-up Wembley was. Wembley could of been the venue with an Athletics track with a system like Stade de France or Stadium Australia uses with seats which go over the track to boost capacity for Football, Rugby etc.

An utter waste of taxpayers money on a London-centric event that I couldn't give a toss about

An utter waste of taxpayers money on a London-centric event that I couldn't give a toss about

I find it disturbing that there isn't even a tax or VAT break on the constructions costs of the stadium. So that's 17.5% back into the government's pocket from that £400-odd million pounds.

Another thread and topic that you couldnt give a toss about, but still manage to give a toss about :102:

Old Chinese proverb...........

' Man with many opinions
Have many problems'

Another thread and topic that you couldnt give a toss about, but still manage to give a toss about :102:

Old Chinese proverb...........

' Man with many opinions
Have many problems'

And yet another typical response from a complete feckin' idiot :icon_roll

It is the event itself that I care nothing for, not the total waste of taxpayers money which I consider to be an absolute scandal considering competing priorities for funding in this country - hence my post in this thread

And yet another typical response from a complete feckin' idiot :icon_roll

It is the event itself that I care nothing for, not the total waste of taxpayers money which I consider to be an absolute scandal considering competing priorities for funding in this country - hence my post in this thread
You seem to have an opinion on everything posted on here.Usually the opinion carrys no weight,and no meaning.

You are either a clever man, or like me a 'fecking idiot'

And If you have to resort to firing personal insults from behind a PC, just because your thought process is under attack,thats not big and its not clever.So that leaves one option left.

Athletics use to be great to watch with all the characters. Now it's just a bunch of no faced nobodys.

Same as sport in general, personality has given way to the wallet.

Glasgow have apparently got the 2014 Commonwealth Games......great isn't it?:102:

Thoughts?

Great design, massive cost, good to see it ahead of schedule.

Major probelms for me is it's post-2012 usage. There is simply no need for a 25,000 capacity Athletics stadium. Why not sell it as a 80,000 stadium to Spurs, West Ham or the like? Maybe even sell the 25,000 product to Leyton Orient, London Wasps or a fellow London Rugby club.

Just proves what a ****-up Wembley was. Wembley could of been the venue with an Athletics track with a system like Stade de France or Stadium Australia uses with seats which go over the track to boost capacity for Football, Rugby etc.
because neither spurs or west ham were keen on moving away, and im sure i read leyton orient felt that the stadium was too big for them

because neither spurs or west ham were keen on moving away, and im sure i read leyton orient felt that the stadium was too big for them

Ironic then that they are now considering a move out of white hart lane.

Spurs nor west ham could anywhere near fill an 80.000 seater stadium.

west ham will relocate to Essex, it's where all their fans are

no white people live in West Ham anymore

:icon_roll
seeing as the majority of taxes are raised in the south east, why not give something back to it?

:icon_roll
seeing as the majority of taxes are raised in the south east, why not give something back to it?

Does London get nothing?

as a proportion of raised revenue it loses out big time

If the country wasn't so London-centric I'm sure there wouldn't be that problem because the wealth (in terms of wages etc) would be spread more evenly throughout the country.
London has the majority of the highest earners in the country, so taxes raised there are bound to be higher. But the whole country should benefit from money raised by "The City", tourism, the government etc, not just those who live there. Just like the whole country benefits from North Sea Oil, when I'm sure the people of Aberdeen would love to have it all for themselves.

west ham will relocate to Essex, it's where all their fans are

no white people live in West Ham anymore

Source? :icon_wink

Could someone help me find out where my cousin has disappeared to - she never told anyone she was moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669