The only reason we didn't win last night.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

worcesterfox

.....their goalkeeper

He was absolutely outstanding last night and i counted six goal saving saves. Most of them were perfectly placed in the corners of the goal and many of them were at great pace. Although they put us under alot of pressure the keeper prevented us from being 3-1 up at half time. We generally coped well and had the occasional breakaway and good attempt on target.

There is one question mark i have is the communication between the defence and Pressman seems to be a major problem. If Kevin wants to press for a regular place like he says he better be more decisive and work with the defence abit more because it creates needless anxiety and pressure.

.....and maybe the fact that we defended like schoolchildren for the last twenty minutes of the game, and were too scared to leave our own eighteen yard box.....

....if we were 3-1 or more up by then that wouldn't have happened. However thats the way it goes and i agree there are alot of nervous players in the penalty area towards the end of the game and that needs to be stopped somehow.

homer said:
.....and maybe the fact that we defended like schoolchildren for the last twenty minutes of the game, and were too scared to leave our own eighteen yard box.....

Gilbert the Filbert said:
We played so deep we might as well have had King Neptune at centre back.

technically both right, Roman god and king of the seas

he seriously was king of the streams but got promoted.
:wink:

... didn't realise this was Classics Corner. :roll:

Fair result though.

Patron of horse racing as well, if I remember
But I could be confusing him with John McCrirrick

homer said:
But I could be confusing him with John McCrirrick
John McCrirrick is a roman God??? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts