The Open Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

The Open Championship starts on Thursday morning at Royal St.George's.

I'd love to see an Englishman win it.
For some reason, I don't think Westwood will win, he just seems to be up there but never the winner. I can't see him breaking that sequence.
You have to like the form of Luke Donald, 15 top 10's in his last 17 events, won the Scottish Open today & is the World Number One.
Poulter & Rose also I think stand good chances, especially Rose coming off a decent week this week at the Scottish Open.
I also think the Irish (Northern too) have a good shout, all 3 of McDowell, Harrington & McIlroy stand a good chance.

Across the pond, I can't see Mickelson winning he's far too erratic. The only yank I think has a really good chance is Matt Kuchar. Kuchar has had, like Donald, lots of top 10's and is very consistent with the putter.

As for the Rest of the World, the Aussies Adam Scott & Jason Day both have had good recent form. Day especially has had successive seconds at this years majors. KJ Choi has the perfect attitude to win a major & the game to go with it, you wouldn't know if KJ is 6 under or 6 over for his round. After his performance at the Scottish Open maybe it is worth a punt on Angel Cabrera, he's won a major before & had a good finish this week.

Basically, I don't have a clue who's going to win, I've just mentioned a few names that I think have a good chance of at least challenging for The Open.

Hard work today. They are all out in waterproofs and the best score today is par.

Darren Clarke strolling to a first major win. Well done. First British winner of the Open since 1999

Great win for Clarke, really pleased for him. Popular winner after all he has been through personally. Played well today and held his nerve. 150/1 to win before the tournament

Thank goodness they'll all have ****ed off home by the time I get back from Sweden.

You do realise that the next European Tour event is in Stockholm? Sorry to burst your bubble, but most of them playing in the event will be there by today.

They won't be dashing around ticking off Swedish 3rd division grounds; I should be OK. And Stockholm is far more capable of coping with a huge inflow of people. Having 50,000 people a day trying to get into a small Kent town with only 4,000 inhabitants is lunacy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670