the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

dont you just sense that leicester are going to batter gillingham,this is the last chance saloon for mickey,and if the players have any respect for him then they will put on a decent show.ive got a feeling the players will all congregate together at training tomorrow,and will no the massive importance of the game on tuesday.at the end of the day he has dragged a lot of them out of the gutter,and even if i dont rate adams much the players owe him big time,and its about time they showed him.

The players don't respect him, they don't like him, he plays them out of their positions, he plays inferior players ahead of more superior players. What better way to get a manager sacked than to not perform again. What will they do?

Personally I can see us beating Gillingham comfortably but Micky still resigning, one way or another IMO this will be his final match. He looks a beaten man.

I can't see him quitting himself - it doesn't exaclty leave his job prosepcets in a very good way does it?

However it is better to resign from leicester compared to getting the sack, no team will want him if we sack him - jump before your pushed.

slyfox said:
some of these players will be playing for there futures,so its up to them to perform.
Agents. They F!!K it up. A player no longer has to play for his packet. The agent will get the player a "better" club than the current one that pays his "salary". The agent will blame "the club" for mistreeting his little gem ultimately resulting in poor performance, well below the standard he will play at when he signs for his new, better club.

Most of these players don't care if the club goes up or down. e.g. Sir Les. Undoubtedly our best player last season for results and commitment and desperatley wanted the club to stay in the top flight.

However, Les said "I played my part in getting this club relegated, I feel as though it is my responsibilty to gain promotion back to the premier league". Nice words, but bollocks. Where are you now?

Most players really don't care unless the Manager scares the **** out of them!! Does Micky?

I don't think MA will resign, he's too stubborn/proud to do that, and I don't see him getting the sack for a while yet either, Leicester board hardly have that sort of reputation.

On the subject of player commitment / attitudes - who else saw Blake whining at Wilcox for a supposedly mis-placed pass, about 20 mins into the 1st half? Blake was completely statue-esque, and was somewhat surprised when the ball did not arrive at his toes. Spent the next 5 mins yelling at Wilcox rather than making any effort to get the ball back from various QPR players right by him. He annoys the hell out of me!

I'm no fan of Wilcox either btw, but I do think yesterday was an improvement on his previous performances (ok it's all relative though)

Phil

If we win on Tuesday he certainly won't be sacked after the game, and it could buy him a couple more games to prove himself. I guess he could resign still if we win, so at least he's won his last game.

I wouldn't be suprised if he changes things around quite a bit for the match though, maybe to try and please a few people (e.g. by playing Tommy Wright from the start) or to just try and shake things up a bit to save himself (formation changes). Connolly's out obviously anyway, and I don't think that any of the players who missed Saturday's game will be back, so he might go for the 4-3-3 again with Blake, Wright and Scowcroft. Or maybe Dublin upfront with 2 of the others, and Heath/Elliott/Stearman in defence.

DB, used to blmae the players after every match towards the end of his regin! PT blamed everyone around him except himself and now MA is doing the same!

Thing is we have the players, we have the staff and we have the facillities - so why can we not get the results? For whatever reson MA isn't inspiring these players and ulimatly that what its all about!

slyfox said:
some of these players will be playing for there futures,so its up to them to perform.

No they won't. At least not many of them. Football is a protectorate. No matter what they do someone else'll sign em or give em a job coaching, managing, assisting the coach, assisting the assistant, helping the assistant get into his car, fronting the press conferences etc.

It's the same with managers. cost the club millions and you just turn up at Hull or wherever and start again. In some ways its a pity other industries don't look after their own so well.

Despite my feelings about Adams' limitations I don't see him as a long-term failure (he's got some good qualities) but I can't see him being clever enough for Premiership management so he's probably better off doing a good job in modest surroundings.

Only if he opens his mind, does some serious studying of sporting psychology, man management and player assessment will he improve sufficiently to advance. If he's not prepared to do this (and it'll take him at least three years) then he doesn't want it enough.

As for the players they should have more pride in themselves than to simply perform according to the manager's situation and in case they have performed well enough to get 10 points out of the last 12 had it not been for gross stupidity on the part of Connolly and further tactical errors on the part of Adams.

Losing a two goal lead is always possible for for professional teams, professionally organised it should be a rarity not a regular happening.

You have to remember that if we win against Gillingham we will have taken 10 points from the last 15 available. Not bad really.

Joe_Fox said:
You have to remember that if we win against Gillingham we will have taken 10 points from the last 15 available. Not bad really.

Or 9 from 12. It doesn't matter how you cut the mustard JF. I hold MA solely responsible for getting us relegated with his infernal tinkering last season.

We have not got the lowest budget

Our overall player budget (and that must include wages) is higher than every other club in this league apart from Leeds

Shittest players ?

Keown/Dublin/Connolly/Williams/Walker/Dabizas/Scowcroft/Tiatto would be welcomed with open arms by any other club in this league.

The majority of clubs would also gladly take Gudjonsson, Makin and Elliott

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
You don't blame it at all on us having the lowest budget and therefore the shittest players?

No I've seen better performances on the local park on a Sunday morning.

The fact is that MA as much as we loved him for getting us into the Prem showed that he had the tactical awareness and memory of a goldfish. Too many times last season we grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory due to silly last minute substitutions or formation changes. The sad thing is that he shows no sign of learing from his mistakes or even taking ownership of them. If MA would stand up, just once, and say 'I made a mistake' then my opinion of him would change. At the moment I feel he is out of his depth with no ideas of how to turn this around and floundering perhaps with no return.

If you look at his record as well it's hardly awe inspiring. He has had one good, sorry exceptional, season for us when he guided us to promotion but given the team he was left with I expected it.

Team Games Won Lost Drew % Won %Lost
Leicester 108 40 31 37 37% 29%
Brighton 125 57 34 34 46% 27%
Forest 1 0 1 0 0% 100%
Brentford 33 7 11 15 21% 33%
Swansea 3 0 3 0 0% 100%
Fulham 63 30 17 16 48% 27%
Total 333 134 97 102 40% 29%

I am reminded of a certain manager who guided us to top of the Premiership with a previous managers team before he started tinkering. :roll:

Joe_Fox said:

If we beat Gillingham it won't change the fact that we should have beaten QPR, Brighton and Burnley.

It won't change the fact that we've gifted the initiative to four teams this season through having players sent off.

It won't change the fact that some of the tactical decisions have been diabolical.

It won't change the fact that we've been probably the worst team in the League during the last 20 minutes of most matches.

It won't change the fact that our home record for a long time has been abyssmal.

Criticism of the management team is not all about where we've been but where we're going.

At the moment with an unbalanced side, underperforming players, uncertain tactics. indiscipline, an inclination for the team to fall apart etc etc we're not going very far at all.

I am reminded of a certain manager who guided us to top of the Premiership with a previous managers team before he started tinkering. :roll:[/quote]

Have to agree with this.

To answer the original question I can see us getting 6 points from the next 2 games.

Billy Boy said:
If you look at his record as well it's hardly awe inspiring. He has had one good, sorry exceptional, season for us when he guided us to promotion but given the team he was left with I expected it.

Team Games Won Lost Drew % Won %Lost
Leicester 108 40 31 37 37% 29%
Brighton 125 57 34 34 46% 27%
Forest 1 0 1 0 0% 100%
Brentford 33 7 11 15 21% 33%
Swansea 3 0 3 0 0% 100%
Fulham 63 30 17 16 48% 27%
Total 333 134 97 102 40% 29%

I think the 100% loss rate at Forest makes him a Leicester City hero to be honest. Now get chanting you fools1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566