The pundits reactions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Merson is as thick as the ground he walks on, any opinion he espouses is bound to be shite.

Reactions: FIF
Telegraph gave our dealings a B. Not sure how you could come to that conclusion - for me it's been a great window. If you look at Southampton's strategy of selling everyone and rebuilding every year compared with our owners who seem determined to build a squad with long term contracts and quality additions, I'm very pleased.

Telegraph gave our dealings a B. Not sure how you could come to that conclusion - for me it's been a great window. If you look at Southampton's strategy of selling everyone and rebuilding every year compared with our owners who seem determined to build a squad with long term contracts and quality additions, I'm very pleased.
Probably Kanté pulling it down from an A. Better than the C from Merson though.

It amazes me how these halfwit ****s are paid to be pundits but actually know **** all about football or players (Champions League players) outside of the Premier League.

Merson, you are embarrassing, get some knowledge and then come back as a pundit you useless bedwetting ****pig.

Reactions: FIF
It amazes me how these halfwit ****s are paid to be pundits but actually know **** all about football or players (Champions League players) outside of the Premier League.

Merson, you are embarrassing, get some knowledge and then come back as a pundit you useless bedwetting ****pig.
It appears you are unsure of Mr Merton's skill set?

Well according to Merson we only signed 4 players. We didn't improve our goalkeeping quality/depth, or sign a defender.

We also kept the likes of RDL, Inler, Moore, and presumably Schwarzer, Konchesky and co

That is a poor window.

I don't care what any of them say. In fact, please write us off. We dare you. We double f***ing dare you.

Hope Amarty and Mendy step up and show these feckers that our club is still bigger than the sum of all of its parts. Tired of listening to the verbal masturbation of the pundits over Kante like he is some kind of surprise and that we were obviously a one man team.

I would love it if we kick the arse out of Liverpool next game. Love it.

Merson gave Chelsea an A+ purely for the signing of Kante, and gave us a C for the loss of Kante. Has a certain circular logic to it.

Merson gave Chelsea an A+ purely for the signing of Kante, and gave us a C for the loss of Kante. Has a certain circular logic to it.

The logic is that he misunderstood why we won the league by 10 points last year - and that was because we played as a team.

There does appear to be a narrative among pundits that Leicester were ten lucky players plus one world class one that's joined Chelsea. This gives them the opportunity to write us off whilst talking up the big club.

If Kante was still here and one of the other main men had gone instead, the narrative would have been exactly the same.

Pundits are mostly lazy, thick morons.

I've watched Kante play every game for Chelsea so far and he's been nothing special in an incredibly dull side. He's constrained by being played in front of the back four which means he's coasting through games rather than running them.

There does appear to be a narrative among pundits that Leicester were ten lucky players plus one world class one that's joined Chelsea. This gives them the opportunity to write us off whilst talking up the big club.

If Kante was still here and one of the other main men had gone instead, the narrative would have been exactly the same.

I've watched Kante play every game for Chelsea so far and he's been nothing special in an incredibly dull side. He's constrained by being played in front of the back four which means he's coasting through games rather than running them.

As he did in Euro2016, deemed surplus to requirements after missing a match through suspension. Also no guarantee that he would reproduce his 2015-16 form for us if he had stayed.

We had couple of the 'players of the year 'and (almost) the top premium league striker and Mahrez with record number of assists + his own goals - plus canny substitutions of Ulloa paid off with goals and (eventually) a number of clean sheets because of a decent defence and the offer of pizzas. Yes, we had the amazing Kante but in words (almost) of Tina Turner we should ask any of the so called pundits - "What's luck got to do with it?"
Also agree with previous posts - Kante doesn't now look extraordinary at Chelsea or during the Euros...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566