the random T shirt thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know de Valera was a fan but is the rest of Ireland as well. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf

:icon_roll
I fail to see how you can make that link because of a T-shirt with a crap satire from years ago on it.

As for Dev, he wasn't a fan & he certainly wasn't the only politician in Europe that had to do business with that charming Mr Hitler.

:icon_roll
I fail to see how you can make that link because of a T-shirt with a crap satire from years ago on it.

As for Dev, he wasn't a fan & he certainly wasn't the only politician in Europe that had to do business with that charming Mr Hitler.

The seller of said t-shirt is in Ireland. Do you deny that on receiving the news of the death of Hitler in May 1945, de Valera went to the German envoy in Dublin and expressed his condolences? :102:

hervecards.gif

The seller of said t-shirt is in Ireland.

Yes, I know it is, but it's very unlike yourself to make the leap from that to associating the whole of Ireland with Hitler.

Do you deny that on receiving the news of the death of Hitler in May 1945, de Valera went to the German envoy in Dublin and expressed his condolences? :102:

Of course I don't but that doesn't make him a fan.
There were many reasons as to why he did that and none of them are because he was upset at the death of a friend or idol.

Well he's received a lot of bad press over the years, and TBH I don't really know anybody who knew him to guage a proper opinion of the guy.

To be honest, some of his main ideas, a Germany for Germans etc are echoed by a lot of people today about the imigration policies for England.

If you ask me he just got greedy!

To be honest, some of his main ideas, a Germany for Germans etc are echoed by a lot of people today about the imigration policies for England.

If you ask me he just got greedy!
Exactly. If he was in power today, a lot of the complaints I here on a day to day basis visiting business around the UK wouldn't be heard.

As you say, he went about totally the wrong way and got greedy and power mad which resulted in his evil behaviour.

Because of Hitler, Enoch Powell was labelled. He only wanted a national identity, yet was labelled with a "Hitler" style tag.

Last edited:
Exactly. If he was in power today, a lot of the complaints I here on a day to day basis visiting business around the UK wouldn't be heard.

As you say, he went about totally the wrong way and got greedy and power mad which resulted in his evil behaviour.

Because of Hitler, Enoch Powell was labelled. He only wanted a national identity, yet was labelled with a "Hitler" style tag.

The other way round surely. He formulated his evil behaviour (cf Mein Kampf in jail) then went about totally the wrong way and got greedy and power mad. :icon_conf :icon_conf

cos they'd be out of business due to the high price of manual labour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48