The Smiths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherhamfox

I think i originally disliked them cos my mam and dad hate em, so i didnt really give em a chance, but i started to hear a few tracks and quite liked them, infact There is a light that never goes out is on my playlist constantly, i sincerely aplologise to MK who i often ridiculed for his liking of this band, mozza and marr and the rest of the crew aint half bad!

accepted you callow youth! :wink:
try 'some girls are bigger than others' at top volume sometime!
reel around the fountain is awesome
happy listening rov
ps the rest of the crew are Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
London
Cemetry Gates
Half a Person
Is it really so Strange
What she Said

Just a few of my favourites.

strangely enough I have absolutely no interest in Morrissey as a stand alone artist. i admit i haven't gone out of my way to listen to him, but what i've heard has been a pile of poo.

Suedehead,Everyday is like Sunday,Last of the International Playboys,First of the Gang,Irish Blood English Heart,The more you ignore me,Interesting Drug are all OK IMO most of the other stuff is not a patch on The Smiths.

only like sunday out of those. anyone heard much of Marr's stuff?

I think he sticks to be a Producer nowdays,he did do that thing with bernard Sumner,Electronic I think they were called,that was quite a few years back though.

It was weird being a depressed youth growing up listening to The Smiths in the 80's. It felt like all the songs were written for me alone. Wonderful times being sad.

Anyone else think that a Morrisey/Marr reunion is even more unlikeley than City getting promotion this season..?

Orifice said:
It was weird being a depressed youth growing up listening to The Smiths in the 80's. It felt like all the songs were written for me alone. Wonderful times being sad.
i never was on a downer in my youth, a bit paradoxical liking the smiths but i'm just a shallow tosser!

Well u've really opened my eyes to em MK, never off me cd player now.

rotherhamfox said:
Well u've really opened my eyes to em MK, never off me cd player now.
good stuff.
try 'The The' next rov. Infected is the best album

MKFox said:
strangely enough I have absolutely no interest in Morrissey as a stand alone artist. i admit i haven't gone out of my way to listen to him, but what i've heard has been a pile of poo.

This sounds like something I'd right, but instead I'll just say 'ditto' ala sam from ghost.

I love you too.

MKFox said:

Vauxhall & I

The 2nd best album ever released.

People forget that Mozza and Marr never wrote together, and that Morrissey collaborates with song writers (Alan white, Boz Boorer) in the same fashion he did with Marr - ie. Moz produces the lyrics and the guys come up with the music. Hence it's shallow splitting smiths output from morrissey solo.

Morrissey is the best lyricist of his generation - apart from the Cheeky Girls, natch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566