The TB Prediction Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
The TB Prediction Cup will commence with the Qualifying Round on the weekend of Saturday, 1st December. All Premier and Fizzy League teams will be exempted from the Qualifying Round and will enter the competition at the 1st round stage on the weekend of 5th January.

Invitations are invited from non-league teams who would like to enter for the TB Prediction Cup. If you have want to enter, please PM me or enter in this thread and I will include you in the Draw. You may feel that you haven't got enough time to enter the League, but can spare enough of it to fill in a few predictions for the cup - after all is said and done, you'll probably be knocked out pretty soon any way! :icon_wink

Final date for application by non-league teams is Sunday 25th November.

The Draw for the Qualifying Round will take place on Monday 26th November and will include all Chumps League teams and any non-league entrants. The Round will comprise a group competition of eight groups with the top two from each group going forward to the Competition proper. The Draw will be seeded: the teams in positions 1-8 in the Chumps League after the Week Four games will be placed in Pot A; the teams in positions 9-16 will be placed in Pot B; the teams in positions 17-24 will be placed in Pot C; any non-league teams will be placed in Pot D together with sufficient 'blanks' to make the total number in Pot D up to 8; further Pots will be added if necessary. One Team will be drawn from each of the Pots in turn to compete in Group One; this process will be repeated until all of the groups are full and all of the pots are empty.

The matches predicted on will be the FA Cup 2nd round games and points will be awarded in exactly the same way as in the Prediction League. If necessary, there will be play-offs based on the results of FA Cup, 2nd round replays.

From the 1st Round onwards, the TB Prediction Cup will be a knock-out competition.

So for now, League teams need to do nothing - except that Chumps League teams should look out for the draw after the weekend and send in their predictions next week.

Any non-league teams should apply now.

Last edited:
I'll give it a bash for you Bob :icon_wink

Knocked out pretty soon my Arsenal are a chance this year don't you think? Where do I sign up? :icon_conf

Oh ****! I thought he meant he wanted to enter the Cup. You don't really think...

:100:
I did mean the cup.

I get a great deal of satisfaction from teeing up the worlds easiest pun via a seemingly innocent innuendo, and then sitting back and watching the nugget heads pounce on it as though they've discovered a side of them that is pure comedy genius.

Can't be arsed to read what it is, but Im in.

Last edited:
Add me please.

I am not a number, I'm a free man.

Not now you're not. You're Number 7 whether you like it or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566