The Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not fictional! The fact is the only reason why there is "doubt" about global warming is because of the media's portrayal of it. Have you actually seen the film yourself? Yes the whole argument about there being climate change is a natural phenomena has been made but the fact remains in the last 10 years there has been a dramatic increase in the rate that its happening-and thats all down to us.

What makes me laugh is that people slag of politicians like George Bush on here all the time, yet share similar narrow minded views on such a big issue.

its not fictional! The fact is the only reason why there is "doubt" about global warming is because of the media's portrayal of it. Have you actually seen the film yourself? Yes the whole argument about there being climate change is a natural phenomena has been made but the fact remains in the last 10 years there has been a dramatic increase in the rate that its happening-and thats all down to us.

What makes me laugh is that people slag of politicians like George Bush on here all the time, yet share similar narrow minded views on such a big issue.

http://www.grida.no/climate/vital/02.htm

Seems to be following a pretty regular pattern to me?

Also get's a lot of dis-proving here

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1655856/posts

Last edited:
and your graph is up the 1950s (as far as i can tell correct me if im wrong)-which is irrelevant as the dramatic changes have been happening since the 1970s.

watch the documentary (not the fictional film). I was sceptical at first but it doesn't seem like made up bull shit to me. I'm not an eco warrior or a tree hugger, i just see the facts place in front of me.

Hi there,

This Weather we've got I am getting fed up with the Rain this year.

I mean look how many Flood's people have suffered with this year - It's taking the P***.

Luckerly it's Sunshining at the moment here in Hinckley

Kind Regards

CA232008

I'm not sure what you're getting at here - CO2 concentration seems correlated with temperature in the graphs on that page but current CO2 concentration as shown on the same site:

http://www.grida.no/climate/vital/06.htm

is now higher than any of those peaks.

Correct, I was just showing that peaks in CO2 and Temp are by no means irregular, and indeed the current CO2 is higher.

I'm not claiming to have the definitive proof, I personally think the whole thing is massively overrated and there is as much "proof" against as for.

I think the weather is worse under new Labour, we had some lovely summers under the tories and even under Jim Callaghan's old labour regime of the 70's.

It was a foggy as a foggy morning here an hour or so ago.

I encountered extremely foggy-type fog of the foggiest sort on the way in to work but emerged from it at journey's end like a beautiful, delicate butterfly with wings of pure gossamer-like silk freee to soar and flutter my way through the purest of Autumn days.

I encountered extremely foggy-type fog of the foggiest sort on the way in to work but emerged from it at journey's end like a beautiful, delicate butterfly with wings of pure gossamer-like silk freee to soar and flutter my way through the purest of Autumn days.

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old,
And darker days are drawing near,
The winter winds will be much colder,
Now you're not here.....

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

The summer sun is fading as the year grows old,
And darker days are drawing near,
The winter winds will be much colder,
Now you're not here.....

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.

I'll throw my cards in now. I can't compete with that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00