The Wedding Present

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

More for the older ones this....The Wedding Present return tomorrow with a new single 'Interstate 5' a six minute epic.Never really been away just under a different name ( Cinerama ),but they are back now as The Weddoes ,if you like Indie Guitar stuff this is for you.

David Gedge. Greatest songwriter. Basic fact.

Can't argue with that,if you need evidence try 'Come Play With Me' off The Hit Parade 1.
Touring early next year......be there.

Which is your fav album Highland?
I still think that Bizarro is one af the greatest records of all time and altho Watusi is fine I don't think they were as good when Keith Gregory left.

Bizarro or Seamonsters probably but George Best still sounds brilliant :? .Have you any Cinerama? the last one Torino is very WP.Last time I saw Cinerama they did a lot of WP stuff e.g Kennedy,Brassneck,Corduroy,Crawl,Heather,Kansas.I just got the old WP video off Amazon Marketplace 'Punk'..excellent.Gedge is still the best song writer going,can't speak highly enough of him.Make sure you get to see them on the tour...blinding stuff.

I still love George Best (now theres a statement not to be taken out of context), it will always have a nack of bringing back fantastic memories of seeing them live and wondering how Dave G & Pete S could play so fast!

I was dissapionted with Seamonsters, I stil wanted the 100mph drive.
Got a fair bit of Cinarama, on tape tho. (Lets be quick before it melts..Wonderful)

So tempted to see them again :) :)

When it first came out I couldn't get into Seamonsters but it turned into a 'grower' especially Dalliance and Dare.

New Album-Take Fountain out now
Live at The Charlotte on March 9th-Get down there.

Leeds band - don't remember then the first time really - they sounded like a speeded up Smiths. Got the Bizarro album, that's quite good.

Like the new single. There's been loads of old bands giving it another go recently.

They have been around constantly Joe for the past 7-8 years just with a different name Cinerama.David Gedge best songwriter in Britain? No question.

What's the album which was blue with a red flower on the front? Amazing... Gedge, legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669