There's still no racism in football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawsley

Police release new picture to identify those involved still not being racist in Paris

racist.jpg

There may well still be racism in football but things have improved incredibly. In the 1970s racism was endemic in football. It may be because of where I sit but I have not heard a single racist comment since I have been at the Walkers/King Power.

I

There may well still be racism in football but things have improved incredibly. In the 1970s racism was endemic in football. It may be because of where I sit but I have not heard a single racist comment since I have been at the Walkers/King Power.

I

I think that, thanks to people like UKIP and EDL, racism and bigotry are on the rise in general society. It isn't as overt as it perhaps once was, but general feeling seems to be under that umbrella.

It's also subtle stuff, I hear enough comments along the lines of "what a useless black bastard", as opposed to just a eastward, in the ground to think some people still harbour prejudices. I doubt they'd even recognise them as racist, same as they don't seem to think calling someone a gypo is racist.

I think that, thanks to people like UKIP and EDL, racism and bigotry are on the rise in general society. It isn't as overt as it perhaps once was, but general feeling seems to be under that umbrella.

It's also subtle stuff, I hear enough comments along the lines of "what a useless black bastard", as opposed to just a eastward, in the ground to think some people still harbour prejudices. I doubt they'd even recognise them as racist, same as they don't seem to think calling someone a gypo is racist.

I don't think the problem is helped by it now being ok for some to say things but not others. Edit - maybe not ok, but a bit less wrong? These fans are going to have lengthy bans issued by Chelsea and maybe the FA - John Terry got something ridiculous like 4 games?

It's the same outside of football too. BBC are hanging some daft UKIP bint out to dry on their news channel today. Meanwhile over on another BBC channel there is a programme presented by Clarkson.

Last edited:
Just watched the documentary. ****ing hell what an awful awful woman Duncan is.

Amazing. The best bit is they both agree they shouldn't say anything inflammatory and pick their words carefully...literally the next words out of her mouth are ridiculous.

The good news is that their entire operation is tin-pot from top to bottom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4572
6Norwich City4572
7Hull City4469