They're talking about us

I suppose I’m just not that bothered about new signings, really. At least through the lens of next season. I would like to see some investment in long term replacements, but with the reduced schedule and a fit squad we are as good as most:

Kasper/Ward

Castagne/Ricardo
Evans/Soyuncu
Fofana
Hustin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Nacho/Perez/Albrighton

That’s a really strong 11, and the reduced workload should help in the league.

I also think we have a good set of youngsters bubbling up. Would be excellent to see some get a chance.

Im not saying we shouldn’t be looking to move some players on and refresh the squad a bit…but in the absence of that I’m still confident in the ability of that 11.

I suppose I’m just not that bothered about new signings, really. At least through the lens of next season. I would like to see some investment in long term replacements, but with the reduced schedule and a fit squad we are as good as most:

Kasper/Ward

Castagne/Ricardo
Evans/Soyuncu
Fofana
Hustin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Nacho/Perez/Albrighton

I also think we have a good set of youngsters bubbling up. Would be excellent to see some get a chance.

Im not saying we shouldn’t be looking to move some players on and refresh the squad a bit…but in the absence of that I’m still confident in the ability of that 11.
Someone at work keeps using the word "lens". It completely winds me up.

Kasper/Ward

Castagne/Ricardo
Evans/Soyuncu
Fofana
Hustin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Nacho/Perez/Albrighton

Absolutely. We have an excellent group of players and our backups, other than up front, are good enough to do a decent job of cover.

Absolutely. We have an excellent group of players and our backups, other than up front, are good enough to do a decent job of cover.
Right. And even at that we have 3 proven international footballers up front.

Generally we are fine. If anything we just have too many players.

Right. And even at that we have 3 proven international footballers up front.

Generally we are fine. If anything we just have too many players.
Time will tell, Barnes needs to find form, Vardy needs to stay fit and the right side really doesn't look strong to me, like quite a few teams Leicester are one or two big injuries away from a difficult season.

Kasper/Ward

Castagne/Ricardo
Evans/Soyuncu
Fofana
Hustin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Nacho/Perez/Albrighton
So Dewsbury-Hall was a one season wonder?

Kasper/Ward

Castagne/Ricardo
Evans/Soyuncu
Fofana
Hustin

Ndidi
Tielemans
Maddison

Barnes
Vardy
Nacho/Perez/Albrighton

Not bothered about new signings? I guess we did sign that Hustin bloke after all…

Whilst I agree the first 11 is strong (apart from Nacho/Perez/Albrighton on the right side), I think we’re forgetting just how diabolical our injury record has been for the past 3 years. We’ll be back to seeing Amartey and Choudhury in the lineup before long. Awesome.

Not bothered about new signings? I guess we did sign that Hustin bloke after all…

Whilst I agree the first 11 is strong (apart from Nacho/Perez/Albrighton on the right side), I think we’re forgetting just how diabolical our injury record has been for the past 3 years. We’ll be back to seeing Amartey and Choudhury in the lineup before long. Awesome.
This is a concern but with fewer games you would hope that this eases up. I don't think we need loads of new faces and I'd rather get the ones we have back to full fitness. Let's be honest, Ndidi, Ricardo, Barnes, Soyuncu, Evans.... none of these players have been anything like their best since injuries and that was a real problem for us. Get these players somewhere near their best again after a full pre-season and get a settled defence which includes a fully fit Fofana and we will already be in a much better position than we were for the vast majority of last season.

As we saw with Fofana last year. It takes one game to take out a player for an entire season. One game. Fully fit or not. One game and we’re back to playing second choice again.

As we saw with Fofana last year. It takes one game to take out a player for an entire season. One game. Fully fit or not. One game and we’re back to playing second choice again.
Not digging you out in any way. What is the answer to that then in terms of planning and recruitment?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663