This About Sums It Up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame the journo in question is illiterate.

Such a shame none of you noticed (where's Joe Fox when you need him? At least he can write good English)..........

That was the point that I knew for sure that you were taking the piss.

And despite his major errors in my native language, I agree with the GCSE English (failed) passion.

I doubt you'd even manage a grade 5 CSE starting sentences with 'And'.

Missed:

'cri de cour' should be 'cri de coeur' (French)

'were not borne of disbelief; they stemmed from hollow resignation.' Semi colon should be colon as it's a parallel statement .

'that elite strata' should be 'those elite strata' (strata is the plural of stratum)

Apart from that, as I said, can't argue with the content, just the casually useless

literacy.

Surprised at the Grauniad, my fave newspaper. But hey, only really anally-retentive people like myself do copy-editing to finesse nit-picking standards.

Must try harder with the Senokot.

:)

That was the point that I knew for sure that you were taking the piss.

I doubt you'd even manage a grade 5 CSE starting sentences with 'And'.

Funnily enough, Macky, starting sentences with a co-ordinating conjunction like 'and' or 'but' is totally stylistically acceptable, and always has been. Read the King James version of the Bible to see that it was even acceptable in the seventeenth century.

You must have had your education at a Sec Mod, if that's what you believe.

"Strata' can be used as a singular noun, it's accepted through common usage, unless you have a hidden agendum of course.

Missed:

'cri de cour' should be 'cri de coeur' (French)

'were not borne of disbelief; they stemmed from hollow resignation.' Semi colon should be colon as it's a parallel statement .

'that elite strata' should be 'those elite strata' (strata is the plural of stratum)

You missed:

any kind of punctuation after your colon, with the exception of one random full stop (which follows an erroneous space).

That's not even GCSE level, Innocent...

So is the word 'strata'.

I've had very little formal education as a matter of fact.

You're a very clever guy. An auto-didact.

I have total respect for what you say, whatever you say.

You're one of the people on this board that I always listen to, as you talk sense.

She's after you Macky. Run, run like the wind........ :icon_lol:

You're a very clever guy. An auto-didact.

I have total respect for what you say, whatever you say.

You're one of the people on this board that I always listen to, as you talk sense.

You're very kind, not sure that should be hyphenated though. :icon_wink

She's after you Macky. Run, run like the wind........ :icon_lol:

Me? Run? It takes all my energy to walk as far as the car.

Macky, Melts, homer and BG are my faves, have to admit.

But it's a humour preference, is all. These guys are funny and savvy. They have the edge.

Well said............Enjoyable reading without total bollocks

Great piece and is a superb reflection of what has gone wrong at our club over recent seasons :038::038::038:

It's a good piece because everything that was said in it has been written in this forum over the last week. Either the author is a true blue fox and part of this board or he has cleverly selected info from this forum.

Tis the spirit of the peice that resonates, not the grammer. :)

Last edited:
Macky, Melts, homer and BG are my faves, have to admit.

But it's a humour preference, is all. These guys are funny and savvy. They have the edge.

Out of interest Innocent why do you feel the need in almost every thread you post to tell us who your favourites are? Also why the constant need to attempt to prove you intellect? Where I as well trained in psycology as you I might think it had something to do with an inferiority complex, perhaps bought on by smaller than average pissflaps?

Perhaps syntax rather than grammar; thank God our language is not as inflected as others. Grauniad mine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669