this Celtic friendly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaumontfox

seeing as they threw away a 1-0 lead with two minutes to go to lose 2-1 to hand the title to Rangers,that means they have to go through an extra round of qualifying for the Champions League doesn't it??

when exactly would this round be scheduled for cos i'm sure i remember someone saying that it was around the middle of July(and that would affect our friendly fixture wouldn't it??)

i bet Webbo can tell me. :-D

Also our club has baciaclly sold this game on the fact that its MON returing to Leicester - however rumors are mounting that he's about to quit Celtic to be with his wife, which would really make this game just like playting anyother club from Scotland, not that intresting.

that isn't quite fair.

Celtic are widely known to have a huge following,especially when they come down here for friendly matches. and we have a large Scottish presence living in the East Midlands.

wouldn't matter who Celtic's manager was,the game would still sell out imo.

beaumontfox said:
that isn't quite fair.

Celtic are widely known to have a huge following,especially when they come down here for friendly matches. and we have a large Scottish presence living in the East Midlands.

wouldn't matter who Celtic's manager was,the game would still sell out imo.

TBH I think its very difficult to tell weather any game will sell out. I thought I saw somewhere that tickets for this match were £20 for adults, well that to me seems quite a lot for a freindly match!

Fox Fan said:
Also our club has baciaclly sold this game on the fact that its MON returing to Leicester - however rumors are mounting that he's about to quit Celtic to be with his wife, which would really make this game just like playting anyother club from Scotland, not that intresting.

No, it isn't all that interesting, but we are not gonna be able to attract teams like Barcelona to the Walkers no more, not when we are still in the Championship... so Celtic is about as good as we can get I guess.

lcfcrules said:
Fox Fan said:

No, it isn't all that interesting, but we are not gonna be able to attract teams like Barcelona to the Walkers no more, not when we are still in the Championship... so Celtic is about as good as we can get I guess.

I wasn't trying to suggest we could attract teams such as Barca, all I was saying is that the main feature of the Celtic game was MON's return. Without that the game is a little less intresting IMO.

Fox Fan said:
TBH I think its very difficult to tell weather any game will sell out.

It may even depend on what the whether is like on the day.

lcfcrules said:
Fox Fan said:

Maybe not Barcelona but a game against Leicester is still a good option for top clubs. Prem clubs won't play against each other pre-season unless its a mini tourny, and they will take a game against us as a step up in their preperations. The same way that we play against non league teams and then take on the likes of a Peterbrough and other league clubs when the new season gets closer.

bocadillo said:
Fox Fan said:
/TBH I think its very difficult to tell weather any game will sell out.
It may even depend on what the whether is like on the day.

hahahahahaha, Boc your just so funny, how is it your yet to make it on stage? I'll come back and post more when I manage to stop laughing.

The word up here today is that MON will resign after Saturday's Cup Final .He wants to take time away from Football to be with his wife who has cancer.He will be replaced by Gordon Strachan,seems certain apparently.

...and then in 2 years time he'll replace Alex Ferguson as Manchester United manager no doubt.

All the best to MON and his family.

highland fox said:
The word up here today is that MON will resign after Saturday's Cup Final .He wants to take time away from Football to be with his wife who has cancer.He will be replaced by Gordon Strachan,seems certain apparently.

.... or Co Adriaanse or David O'Leary :?: Heard these mentioned too. :roll: :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Glazer won't make any difference anyway. He tried to by Mexico City once but we said get out of here gringo and he did.

Good luck Mrs O'Neill

Mr M O'Neill
c/o Celtic Football Club
Glasgow

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690