This club - A Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Danny Coyne - Good second choice keeper, and worth far more than £25k... yet we accept a bid! If anyone can name a better keeper for that price, or lower, i'll happily hand over my season ticket to you. But there's no danger of that happening.

2. Jason Wilcox - JOKE!! He's injury prone, old, slow, and a has been! He's not what i want this club to have. Simply not good enough MA.

3. 120 Anniversary - Where's the sense in that?! We didn't have an anniversary for 110 years, so why have one for 120? No need, just screwing us fans for all we have - and for me thats not much.

4. Going abroad AGAIN!! Come on Adams, you said we'd never go away again... fukkin liar, if owt goes wrong this time im holding you responsible.

5. Player releases - We could have kept those players, those player's who the fans loved. But noooooooo, we'll just buy a whole new side and start from block one again.

1. Can't even be bothered putting a counter argument with this. :)

2. Wilcox is a better winger than Guppy or Stewart, fact. He's a good player. He's been injured for the last season. It's just incredible how everyone can be so happy at getting Guppy last year, a player older and worse than Wilcox, and then instantly all be against Wilcox straight off. Give him a ****ing chance. It's a disgrace that players get slagged off so much when they've not even played for City before.

3. Agree. The 120 thing is ridiculous, but you don't have to buy the stuff. If some people have the money to spare then fine, give the club a bit of cash, but don't shove 120 rubbish down our throats all day. I'm looking forward to the 125 merch in 5 years time!

4. Again, silly.

5. We couldn't have kept those players though, really. Davidson fell out with the manager, fine, it happens, and Tiatto is a lot better anyway. Sinclair? Right, nice work, lets give him a new 15k/week contract to be backup shall we? Freund? You moan and bitch about getting McAteer & Tiatto in, who are both better and younger than Freund, but then you moan about releasing him? I bet he didn't want to stay anyway, so it was out of our hands. Guppy??? Hello? Older and worse than Wilcox, but hey, it's Gupps! He was good 6 years ago when MoN had him and we were playing 3-5-2, so you want to keep him?

Craig said:
Naughty Fox said:
Craig said:
I'm just unhappy with this way thing's are at the moment at the club, no-one can honestly say they're happy... can they? :roll:

I am sure you are right, I am not exactly 'happy', but I am not coming on here moaning my arse off every five minutes (not just you Craig) about what MA or the club are doing or not doing. People need to be realistic.
This club is still in a bad way, but getting better, MA has got to make good in a bad situation and that means signing players that meet our budget which will piss alot of us off (like Wilcox :roll: ).
It is going to be a very long haul getting this club back into shape, but I will be there backing them as I always do.
Moaning my arse off every 5 minutes? Find one other post when i'm moaning then, go on, i challenge you! :twisted:

That was a general comment about most of the posts on here recently which are winding me up, not aimed at you Craig it came over wrong, and anyway why would I want to trawl through your crap posts just to find a moan :wink: :lol:
What even happened to the Bellion loan, can you give me an up-date :wink:

All Craig seems to do is moan, or make up a load of bullshit all the time....

I wonder how old you really are Craig..

Surely you and everyone else has got better things to do!!!

... and as for the case of who to sign, i dont see anyone making any better suggestions...

Stop critising, and start being positive as i'm sure Micky is doing his best.

bold_fox said:

... and as for the case of who to sign, i dont see anyone making any better suggestions...

EXACTLY.

bold_fox said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Me moan all the time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for bullshit, Bellion was an experiment, to see how far it could go.

I won't tell you thing's like Williams signing, and Ferdinand leaving in future.

Not only City in this situation

It's not the time to judge any manager. Micky was a hero two seasons ago when his hands were tied and he couldn't do anything else than to go out every day and coach his players. He did great and City got promoted.

I wasn't much of a fan of his dealings and whealings last season, but he wasn't far away from a sensational escape from relegation. If City had got all three points away to Tottenham, Wolves and Middlesbrough and scored a winner against Middlesbrough at home, we would have been up.

In the group of players he released only Muzzy and Frank Sinclair would have been worth a new deal. But they were probably too expensive. The other player released were either old dogs or players with a bad habit to pick up injuries.

The Danny Coyne affair is nothing to bother about. He isn't our first choice and hopefully Ian Walker will be our first choice during the season. If Walker breaks a leg or get injured for a long time, it shouldn't be a problem to get a good goalkeeper in on loan. Why bother about that.

Gareth Williams and Dion Dublin are great signings. Danny Tiatto is a ok one, but I can agree in some way that McAteer and Wilcox are risky, and can be new Gilliespie's. But again the squad isn't big and we don't know what MA knows. He will hopefully get a group of new players coming in and we can judge him after a few games next season.

Connolly and Makin are both linked with a move to City today and if Scowcroft goes to Palace he will be replaced. Let's be positive and wait until everything is settled.

Re: Not only City in this situation

Couldn't agree more.

Give Micky a chance.... OK. So last season was disappointing, but then again, havn't most of them been since MO left.

Maybe we should welcome back Peter Taylor so that he can build a squad around Junior Lewis!

Let's be optimistic and stand behind our club, whatever happens.

We after all are all it has.

Up The City!!

I wouldn't call getting promoted whilst in administration "disappointing". I think "miraculous" is more like it.

When looking at the signings lets remember which league we're in and what we need to do. Dublin, Tiatto, McAteer - are these good signings for a Div 1 battle or not?

Give MA some credit for being the intelligent bloke he has proven he is.

Sheen Fox said:
I wouldn't call getting promoted whilst in administration "disappointing". I think "miraculous" is more like it.

When looking at the signings lets remember which league we're in and what we need to do. Dublin, Tiatto, McAteer - are these good signings for a Div 1 battle or not?

Give MA some credit for being the intelligent bloke he has proven he is.

You obviously didn't go to the FA Cup match against Bristol City.

We could have been so much better though, and sadly weren't.

Last season, we just could not finish off the majority of the Prem. We were often in front but lacked the killer punch. Next season hopefully with the new signings in place we can once again YoYo our way upwards - were we belong.

How fickle fans are!

All last season I was reading posts saying 'Why does MA keep picking Scowcroft coz he's crap?'

Someone makes an offer for him and everyone is moaning he might be jumping ship!

Well he can't jump ship. He is on a Taylor stupid wages no-escape clause contract for another year. However, if Micky thinks he could sell him and use his wages for TWO better players, then that is his judgement call.

If Coyne doesn't like the bench, thats just tough! Do any teams rotate goalies other than because of injury? I know Walker had a dodgy few games last season but I like to see consistency at the back. We all moaned because the back four kept changing for various reasons. We don't want musical goalkeepers as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263