• Should have appointed someone else other than CL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Happy with CL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcfcrules

I think CL seems to be doing the right thing in the transfer market, and so far Maybury, Hughes, McCarthy have proved that, I am pretty sure MDV and the likes will soon show CL's eye for talent.

oops :oops: there was suppose to be a third option, that CL was the right appointment...

neither.... rather have CL. Stupid bloody thread.

Classic thread. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

I am impressed with CL's signings. Hughes, Maybury and De Vries all have reputations in Scotland, and the likes of McCarthy looks a good prospect for the future.

:smt006 Micky Adams

i think craigy boy can steady the ship. once he gets rid of all the crap and builds a team playing the sort of football he can see us playing we'll be more than fine.

Intresting thread this. So far I think the fans have been pretty welcoming to CL, but if the results don't come out way at the start of next season he's going to be under an auful lot of pressure!

I feel that we need more time to fully decide upon weather he was the right appoinment, but hopefully by this time next year he'l be a god!

In all honesty, its too soon to make a judgement about CL.

However, he does appear to be intelligent and purposeful and reactive to situations. Which is - sadly - more than can be said about his predecessors: MA, DB & PT.

The reality is that he took over a hell of a mess and it was always likely that in sorting this mess out that things would be very difficult in the short term. Fortunately, the cup run has to some extent obscured the awfulness of the league performances and this has helped in keeping irrational and impatient fans off his back.

His was a surprising appointment and a refreshing one - from a board who do not generally seem to get much right.

Jury still out for me.

I do like the way thet he seems to be going about his business, but football is of course about results.

If we end up getting relegated it would be a complete disaster and for me he would have to go.

If our results do not improve next season, especially given that we are financially better off than the majority of clubs due to the parachute payment, the he will have to go.

If however the players that have come in and those to come in improve our results and send us soaring up the table, as I fully expect us to do, then he will be on the road to becoming a legend.

1966 said:
Jury still out for me.

If we end up getting relegated it would be a complete disaster and for me he would have to go.

If our results do not improve next season, especially given that we are financially better off than the majority of clubs due to the parachute payment, the he will have to go.

I agree it would be a total disaster if we went down. but it would not be all CL's fault. If MA was still here I think we would be bottom of the league and already accepted relegation. The blame for the mess we are in lies with MA and so far CL has done an excelent job of rebuilding the team. so I do not think he should leave for relegation.

I think it is pointless passing judgement on next seasons result because we dont know the circumstances.

Based on the little experiance we have had of CL. Unless he loses it completely, what ever the situation we find ourselves in. I doubt we would get a better manager. so my current opinion is that he should stay no mater what happens.

The good times will be back.

I think Leveins' out of his league - and I just can't see him getting Leicester out of your league and into the Premiership.

After watching his performance in his 3/4 years at Hearts I do think he will grind out the results to avoid relegation however, I think he has some basic flaws that will prevent LCFC moving forward.

I haven't seen much of LCFC however this was evident at Hearts -

1. He was a quality defender and has a defenders mentality. Nothing wrong with that, but he totally lacks any attacking bottle. This resulted in settling for numerous dire 0 - 0 draws at home against poor oppostion.

2. A fixation for playing players totally out of position.

3. Poor and badly timed substitutions.

4. Giving the cold shoulder to some quality players who didn't toe his line - again nothing wrong with this however, sometimes his man management of young skilful players left much to be desired.

5. Some decidely dodgy signings. For every Maybury there was a Wyness, McAllister, Macfarlane, etc, etc, and yes KISNORBO - as I am afraid you are about to find out!

You really don't like Kisnorbo do you? did you catch him with your Missus or something?
The first 4 points you made IMO we haven't seen anything of here and in some cases completely the opposite.As for the last only time will tell but Maybury,Hughes and McCarthy appear good signings and our Poster Homer won't have a bad word said against MDV

i haven't posted on this forum for ages but this thread has really f**ked me off!

Its all about results? utter rubbish. MA got us promoted by assembling a team to win the division, but we couldn't play for sh*t, other teams were playing the better football but we just ground out the results. Granted we got promotion but what were we left with? one of the worst teams to grace the premiership.

When we got relegated in95 i was proud of that team, i loved those players. leicester city meant something to them. when we got relegated last season half the players couldnt care less.

Craig Levein is signing players who make me excited tht eventually after 5 yrs this football club is heading in the right direction. But you've gotta give the bloke time. F*ck the results, get your heads out of your arses and look at the bigger picture.

We wont a team who play quality and passionate football and one that if it does get promoted will have a bloody good chance of staying there.

MA was full of short term fixes but CL is trying to provide a long term fix that will secure the financial stability of the club.

Agreed.We can have our cake and eat it,but it needs to be baked first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669