This Summer and Beyond..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

.......It appears to me that the end of this season has bought even more impaitence and intolerance to a large proportion of posters on both this great forum and that of the championship manager forum as well.

Whilst this has to go down as one of the most disappointing seasons in recent years we must look to the future with optimism and belief.

We have in our current manager a man who has clearly defined the way in which he wishes to manage the club and the type of player he wishes to bring to enable his vision and ambitions to be realised, this is the same manager who in the short time of being at the helm identified a number of players who were under performing and managed to ship them out, indeed many of these players were the same ones castigated week in week out by many of the fans witnessing these inept, passionless displays.

At the same time and with minimal funds available he also set out to bring in some of the new brigrade to enable them to bed in and be accustomed to there new surroundings prior to the new season's start in August 2005, this was to try and avoid the mistake of his predecessor who rebuilt a full squad almost in the previous summer, undoubtedly the majority of these newly signed players have been improvements to the squad and look the part for next season, whilst under CL this season things did not progress as anticipated in terms of results, the performances, passion and commitment were certainly an improvement.

At the end of the season and following on from what can only be described as a mediocre season, CL then issued his retained list and understandably it contained a number of high earners and a number of the remaining under performers. This has greatly reduced the current squad number but has left CL considerable room to manouvre in this summers transfer window. Yet following the release of our reserve team captain, who I hasten to add turned down a contract offer, albeit on alledgedly reduced terms, Levein is then the object of considerable personal abuse and then the questioning of whether he should still be the manager of this club and how long he should be here depending on next season's performance, and also how concerned the fans are with the current squad size and our inability to sign anybody.

Firstly this club's financial situation is something CL has inherited and he appears to be a manager more than willing to work within these constraints as demonstrated by his no nonsense approach and his previous experience at Hearts.

Secondly whilst last season was poor and CL was manager and responsible for some of the terrible performances, he was however in the process of trying to rebuild an unbalanced, ageing squad assembled by the previous manager and therefore should be given the opportunity to assemble his own team before being castigated by the fans.

Thirdly CL has demonstrated he is prepared to take this club by the scruff of the neck and rebuild it from top to bottom, this is not a 6, 12 or 18 month job, this is a job that could take anything from 3 to 5 years, but we have IMO a man capable of building strong foundations that will put this club back on a sound financial footing and in a position to hold our own in the top flight.

We need to unite as fans and support the club and CL as we attempt to climb back to the top flight of English football, we need to stop this negative attitude towards the club and support the management and players. Both Preston and Derby proved this season that despite finishing in the bottom half last season you can mount a promotion challenge the following year but you need belief and togetherness.

I truly believe in CL we have an excellent manager and if he can bring in 4 or 5 players in the same mould as Maybury, McCarthy and Hughes then we will have an excellent chance of emulating the achievements of Preston or Derby next season.

Lets support our manager and the players.

:smt038 Good post mate!

I believe Levein will produce the goods but he needs the time in which to do it. This forum is generally a lot more optimistic because the 'want it yesterday' culture isn't so dominant.

I would love it (and I am dreaming probably) if we could be the first team to get promoted to the Premiership at the new Wembley. :D Thats got to be something to hope for!

Impatient I am! Can't wait to see who CL brings in, and can't wait for the season to start again, just so wanna get down the Walkers and scream my head off for the lads.

Good post. :smt023

The impatience is the same every year and I'm not surprised it's more prevalent on the other board where some of them will be experiencing their first close season :roll: People just have to understand that nothing is going to happen for at least a month, that doesn't mean stuff isn't going on behind the scenes, but patience has to be employed. Unfortunately we all love football and have to find something to talk about for that month which means everything gets analysed to death. MDV becomes the worst footballer we've ever had, Levein becomes a bad manager, every little rumour of someone coming here must be true. I am looking forward to next season and once things get going again I'm sure other people will be as well. It just has that static feeling at the moment which gets everyone frustrated and wondering where we're going. Unfortunately for MA that feeling continued into the season (for me anyway) as we looked directionless. Under Levein we’re certainly not going to be like that.

CL's probably gonna have a bit of a holiday too. it is cutomary for just about everyone involved in football to take june off. managers and those who run the club get little time to recharge their batteries throughout the season. also, with the majority of players away in la-manga or skeggy( depending on how good they are) they aint gonna be around to discuss their futures. Also , most players contracts dont end until the end of june, and are not always interested in sorting new ones out.
By the start of july we will be getting a good idea of who CL will be trying to persuade to come , until then lets just dwell on those less fortunate than ourselves try to understand what the trees fans are thinking right now.....sorry i cant without laughing

I'm sure CL stated that he wanted to have all the new faces in by The time they report back for training (July 1st I believe) so that they will have the full pre season together.So I'd expect any deals etc to be done within the next 5-6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669