Thought for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of the fact the IH took us down to 3rd Division for the first time ever
And in light of the fact that he was the first manager to win his first competitive game for the club since millions of years ago,

If you beleive in omens etc - therefore would just a draw be a good result against MK DOS for NP's first game?

Discuss!

I don't personally see a draw as a good result against anyone in this division, let alone against a newly promoted team at Filbert Way!

According to the local newspaper the dons will have problems getting a team out. Half the squad is injured whilst the good ones will probably still get sold.

We'll still struggle to beat them mind....

We need to give some teams a good spanking.

Dematteo was a decent player, so was Frank Mclintock.

Hit or big time miss

MKDons could be first to have their pants taken down

might.

And similar things were said in the bottom of the table clashes that we failed to win and resulted in our relegation.

Resting on your laurels i think may be the term. A lot of new squad members and new manager with new tactics.

A sensible person would reserve their judgement on who we should and shouldn't beat until they know how good we are and how good the oppostiion are.

I think we will thrash everyone. We are the mighty foxes. RARRRRGH.

Last edited:
Christ! I wish i could be as optimistic as everyone else, I fully expect us to end up in mid table obscurity and I think a draw in the opening game would be a good result. We definitely need a good start if we're gonna get anywhere, but we need to adapt to yet another manager's style of play first.

I'm starting to get a little bit optimistic now. I wasn't pleased with Pearsons appointment and I haven't been to any pre-season but I'm liking what I've read about the team.

If we get off to a good start I can see us in the top 2 all season.

I think the only thing we have a chance of winning is the relegation battle.
Possibly.

In light of the fact the IH took us down to 3rd Division for the first time ever
And in light of the fact that he was the first manager to win his first competitive game for the club since millions of years ago,

If you beleive in omens etc - therefore would just a draw be a good result against MK DOS for NP's first game?

Discuss!

I can see your thinking, but we've got to win at all costs on the day when it comes.

I am feeling quite optimistic after seeing the game on Tuesday night. There are plenty of positives.

1. A manager who has this chance to prove that he can cut it and is here to manage a team and not spend most of the time telling the press how good he is (ala MA2 and Holloway) I am impressed by the fact that he isn't doing "sound bites" every day in fact I think he has only had a few interviews since he has been here.

2. We have in the main a very young team with everything to prove and, unlike the journeymen of the last 4 or 5 seasons they don't have any preconceptions or baggage. Don't forget for 90% of these lads this is a step up so they have everything to prove.

3. On Tuesday they played good football, didn't look outclassed (except by Kevin Phillips but then he always scores against us anyway (it's the law)) and they are playing as a team that look like they want to play for each other.

4. For the first time in pre-season that I can remember they actually look fit. Instead of starting the season a yard short of everything.

5. We have in Max Gradel a huge talent. If you were at the game on Tuesday night he terrified the Blues full back so much so that by the end of the game he was being marked by 3 players which I would take as a compliment.

We should be able to play most teams off the park, my only concern is (and I don't know this league) that the not so good teams will kick us off the park in order to stop us.

I know we are always confident at the start of the season (except for the negative sods who love to knock everything said on this forum) but I do believe that this time it won't be a false dawn.

I am feeling quite optimistic after seeing the game on Tuesday night. There are plenty of positives.

1. A manager who has this chance to prove that he can cut it and is here to manage a team and not spend most of the time telling the press how good he is (ala MA2 and Holloway) I am impressed by the fact that he isn't doing "sound bites" every day in fact I think he has only had a few interviews since he has been here.

2. We have in the main a very young team with everything to prove and, unlike the journeymen of the last 4 or 5 seasons they don't have any preconceptions or baggage. Don't forget for 90% of these lads this is a step up so they have everything to prove.

3. On Tuesday they played good football, didn't look outclassed (except by Kevin Phillips but then he always scores against us anyway (it's the law)) and they are playing as a team that look like they want to play for each other.

4. For the first time in pre-season that I can remember they actually look fit. Instead of starting the season a yard short of everything.

5. We have in Max Gradel a huge talent. If you were at the game on Tuesday night he terrified the Blues full back so much so that by the end of the game he was being marked by 3 players which I would take as a compliment.

We should be able to play most teams off the park, my only concern is (and I don't know this league) that the not so good teams will kick us off the park in order to stop us.

I know we are always confident at the start of the season (except for the negative sods who love to knock everything said on this forum) but I do believe that this time it won't be a false dawn.

Good, optimistic and motivating post, TF. I hope you're right. This time last year, I was so up for it and I was going to go to loads of matches. It was so deflating in the end that I actually didn't get to a single game for the first time since 1969. So I don't want to get to excited about it this year but I can't really stop myself.

There can be nohing more optimistic than a Leicester City fan!

Good points, took in 3 of the games so far + far more pleased than the last several seasons.

Despite negative tones by some on the web, 7k watching a 3rd div team in a friendly + 11 thousand season tickets sold when we are all going to freeze and sit in the dark all winter ain't bad.

Just hope we have the balls to play Gradel, why did we feck about with so many perm and loan right wingers, he did more in a half than the rest all season

+ if he couldn't get the ball he just head butted the player in the chest..quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566