Thread For Those Of Little Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandler

Banned
Just got back from deepest Kunt. A very good, professional performance. The type that only Micky can inspire when we are up against it. Remember we lost here in our promo season.

For a day or two all those who have been clamouring for Adams' head should put on sackcloth and ashes and, as they can't ring a bell to alert us to their pong, perhaps confine their utter tosh to this thread.

And leave the real, full-time loyal supporters to talk amongst themselves.
(Won't be many of those around now will there? Leicester till I die - don't make me larf)

10th in the league represents a more than decent start to the campaign considering it's an entirely new team.

Well done Micky Adams for a good start to the season.

Oh Chandler, you are a one.
How sad that you think of those that question as some way inferior

My sackcloth is at the cleaners, and they were fresh out of ashes at the corner shop this morning.

I shall be more than happy to don said garments when, and if, we beat a team of any consequence. I will be humble and prostate before you all when we beat Wigan or Ipswich
I will be shouting the good names of Adams and Cork on the day we give Reading a good doing.
And I will even be silent when we stick a few goals past Stoke.

Joe_Fox explains the form

So as predicted by many we grabbed the points at Gillingham after the paranoid lows which were born after the trip to Loftus Road.

This latest win makes it 10 points from the last 15 available (as documented yesterday by yours truly) This is fine form and definitely that of promotion. That is the equivalent of taking two thirds of available points and with a complete season's games in this league, 92 points.

If you take away the first 6 games from this then that's 80 points from the remaining 40 games (40 x 3 = 120, 2/3 of 120 = 80) + the 5 that we already had then on last five games form we shall acquire 85 points.

Last season West Brom were promoted with 86, the season before we were promoted 12 points ahead of Sheff Utd who had 80 points so you could argue that we are on course for promotion (however the only stats you can go by are the current league table and we are 10th so therefore at least 9 other clubs are also on this promotion form).

With these stats taken on board it doesn't look too gloomy, infact I'd go as far as to say that it looks quite bright considering that we have a very new and unaquaited squad of players who are not up to full running speed yet.

I did not go to the match last night at Gillingham although have read reports that we put in a good solid performance. The hecklers will no doubt still be out in force moaning about a crap performance but these ghouls should really have a think about what they are saying because although they claim we are playing "the worst Leicester have ever played" and "like a shower of shite", we are winning games! And you know what they say about teams who can play badly and win games - these are the teams that will do well.

Now is a very good time to get right behind the team you know you love and give 100% support to the man in charge and his band of players. Let's give them a springboard to success and then we can all have a D.I.S.C.O. and get wrecked with a smile around our faces.

Joe_Fox

Some of us voiced our concerns after Saturday because we are actually bothered about the club we support and weren't having a go for the sake of it.I'm pleased we beat Gillingham and hope we beat Preston but lets not get carried away as many did after Rotherham.In the end I just want my club to succeed I want MA to lead us to that success but in the end theres 'faith' and 'blind faith'.Those who want Micky to go don't neccessarily want the club to lose every game until he does.

highland fox said:
Some of us voiced our concerns after Saturday because we are actually bothered about the club we support and weren't having a go for the sake of it.I'm pleased we beat Gillingham and hope we beat Preston but lets not get carried away as many did after Rotherham.In the end I just want my club to succeed I want MA to lead us to that success but in the end theres 'faith' and 'blind faith'.Those who want Micky to go don't neccessarily want the club to lose every game until he does.

Top post Highland. :wink:

highland fox said:

Hear, hear. Do the MA support-him-at-all-costs brigade seriously think we critics sit hear hoping and praying that City lose, he gets the sack and we carry on wih a new manager every couple of months?.

No we think about what's going wrong and say something before it gets worse.

Considerable numbers of fans have said there are better players than Blake who should be in the team, have said we should push up tight and higher up the field when we are winning with 20 minutes to go, have called for some of the club's younger players to be given a chance, have called for better balance in the side.

What happened at Gillingham - and there have been signs before that too, is that MA showed signs that he has listened and the team he fielded suggested that a lot of the above points have been heeded.

That doesn't suddenly mean all the problems have been solved. But make no mistake, I for one am as pleased as anyone else when we win, when Mickey Adams wins, when underperforming players start doing well.

I'd be chuffed to bits if MA stayed at City for as long as Dario Grady at Crewe so long as he listens, thinks and does the business.

The mistakes he has made this season and before have been documented and he has to bear a considerable share of the blame but at least he shows he's pissed off when things go wrong (just the same as I do) and today we can both show and say how bloody pleased we are that the answers were mainly right at Gillingham.

As for statistics saying we're on promotion form, so what?
We are not even in the play-off positions yet, that's the statistic that counts...but it is not vital just now. What is is how we play and how we respond to the challenges of other teams.

Even if we'd won every game, I'd criticise if I believed we could do better.
If Leicester City is to be a top club again then it will never get there by being complacent and refusing to be critical of great or small deficiencies.

Are the non-critics saying that MA doesn't know what's said on forums like these and gives no consideration to any criticism within. I don't think so.

When things are going wrong you'd be a fool not to consider any ideas being put forward on how to put things right. I have never said MA is a fool and I'm delighted he'll be a much happier man this week.

Still not convinced about Dabizas though (and that, even after we've won)!!!

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
10th in the league represents a more than decent start to the campaign considering it's an entirely new team.

it is... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Chandler said:
Just got back from deepest Kunt. A very good, professional performance. The type that only Micky can inspire when we are up against it. Remember we lost here in our promo season.

For a day or two all those who have been clamouring for Adams' head should put on sackcloth and ashes and, as they can't ring a bell to alert us to their pong, perhaps confine their utter tosh to this thread.

(Won't be many of those around now will there? Leicester till I die - don't make me larf)

Don't make yourself sound ridiculous.

I am a critic in a constructive way of MA & as pleased as anyone when we get a win and actually forecast on this forum predictions the precise result.

When I need to get over excited over a a win over the likes of Gillingham FC then there really will be something to worry about.

If MA starts to change his ways & correct obvious and repetitive managerial errors then this will be excellent - but wait until the team gets some consistently decent results against worthy opponents.

Redditch Fox said:
Chandler said:

Don't make yourself sound ridiculous.

I am a critic in a constructive way of MA & as pleased as anyone when we get a win and actually forecast on this forum predictions the precise result.

When I need to get over excited over a a win over the likes of Gillingham FC then there really will be something to worry about.

If MA starts to change his ways & correct obvious and repetitive managerial errors then this will be excellent - but wait until the team gets some consistently decent results against worthy opponents.

Spot on Redditch.
I am an MA supporter as you all know (just the other side of the fence to Redditch), but I must say that after the QPR result you have to question a few thing regarding disapline and tactics, but I know that this has been discussed over and over again. It was interesting to see that MA adapted a different formation at QPR and upto a point it worked, so it seems he may not be that stubborn, also is it a coincidence that with enforced changes last night due to suspensions and injuries some players that would'nt get a look in got a chance and we seem to have put in a 'good solid performance', I am not saying that last nights team should be first choice, but it did force MA into playing players like Joey so his thinking should change for the good.
I do not think any supporter has 'blind faith' in MA, my opinion of him has got less since the start of the season, but he is suffering because we all suffer from having high expectations (which is not a bad thing) but sometimes we need to realise that this great club of ours has NEVER been consistantly successfull and we have highs and lows, we were bound to have lows after MON left as he is a genius, for me the lowest point was how PT ripped us apart in a very short space of time, MA has come in and done a 'fine' job in a diffecult situation.
I hope he can learn from his mistakes, take a few ideas on board from other people and move this club forward to were we all want to be, if not then good bye thank you very much and we get somebody else in.
Players, managers, chairman come and go, we will always be there no matter what our opinions are.

BLUE ARMY!!!!!!

We get excited over 1 win. and lets face it, it was against gillingham. then next game if we lose, everyone will change back and call for his head. As Joe_fox pointed out we are on a good course for promotion but as he also pointed out there are 9 other teams above us, who are on the same if not better course than us for promotion. we know a few of them teams will not be able to stay on that course, but can we? i think we can.

Chandler - to you what makes a real full time loyal supporter?

A good night all round, a solid performance and virtually everyone above us dropping points. But it is only 1 win, another on saturday will put us in good shape as we break up for the internationals and prepare for 3 huge games against Coventry, Ipswich and Stoke, after them games we will have a good indication of how we will do this season. We need to string some wins together, just look at QPR after 5 wins in a row.

I too have been one of the many fans who have been concerned with our performances and left with doubts as to whether MA is the right man at the helm.

But lets get one thing straight I have never, ever wished for us to lose any game regardless of what i thought about the manager. Nobody was more happy than me last night and I would be absolutely delighted if MA was still here at the end of the season celebrating promotion to the prem, even if it means people like you being able to crow that we were wrong.

To be honest I hope MA does prove us doubters wrong cos it will mean my beloved Leicester City will have been successful and that is all I care about. I would be gutted if MA lost his job because it would mean we were struggling and losing.

I will be there on saturday shouting and screaming for the team and will be fully supportive of MA. I only voice my concerns and MY OWN OPINIONS on this forum and not at the matches, and anyway why is it that anybody who shares a difference of opinion with you Chandler is open to ridicule and abuse, if god forbid we lose the next couple of games I very much doubt any of us would be quite as quick to rub your nose in it. This forum is here to encourage people to voice the opinions however diverse and surely it would make for pretty boring reading if everybody agreed on every topic.

I really wouldn't let him get to you KTF,he'll dissapear soon probably up his own arse.

Keep the Faith said:
I too have been one of the many fans who have been concerned with our performances and left with doubts as to whether MA is the right man at the helm.

But lets get one thing straight I have never, ever wished for us to lose any game regardless of what i thought about the manager. Nobody was more happy than me last night and I would be absolutely delighted if MA was still here at the end of the season celebrating promotion to the prem, even if it means people like you being able to crow that we were wrong.

To be honest I hope MA does prove us doubters wrong cos it will mean my beloved Leicester City will have been successful and that is all I care about. I would be gutted if MA lost his job because it would mean we were struggling and losing.

I will be there on saturday shouting and screaming for the team and will be fully supportive of MA. I only voice my concerns and MY OWN OPINIONS on this forum and not at the matches, and anyway why is it that anybody who shares a difference of opinion with you Chandler is open to ridicule and abuse, if god forbid we lose the next couple of games I very much doubt any of us would be quite as quick to rub your nose in it. This forum is here to encourage people to voice the opinions however diverse and surely it would make for pretty boring reading if everybody agreed on every topic.

Yes, Chandler apart, this has been an unusually intelligent debate when even most of those who don't rate MA that highly have expressed reservations about funding a better replacement - so most of us have no problem if he is successful and that means we at least reach the play - offs.

It is difficult to present 'unchallengeable' facts in football outside actual match results. However, the reality seems to be that other clubs have also noted MA's proneness to 'unforced' errors and that's why he is not the hot property he was about 16 months ago. It's interesting that injuries and suspensions limited his choices on Tuesday night & this seems to have helped. I just hope that he has learned something and that the Gillingham win will provide him with a self-justification for changing his selection policy towards including players who at least show some desire to wearing the Leicester shirt.

If us of little faith had kept out mouth shut, and not expressed our views on sites like this, radio talk shows or booing at the match. Would city have won the match. The answer is easy, it is NO.

Luckly, ma's hand were tied and he could not select his usal team of donkeys and but for the complaints by the fans ma would have done his normal attempt to fix what aint broke and substituted three players from a winning team with three donkeys and turning that team into a lossing team. Fate was on our side, not ma's managing skills

adams still accepts no responsability for his cockups and continues to blame players or injuries and fouls for the poor performances, which shows that this massive outcry from the fans and media has taught adams nothing about himself, he does not see his mistakes, so cant correct them. He knows nothing about managing people or how to get the best out of a group of players so nothing will change and within a couple of games, to the delight of all you adams fans dire football will be served up at city again.

If adams continues to manage city the season will be poor and if we are lucky we will finish mid table and then be stuck in the fizzy for a long time. But as all city fans know "we aint lucky" so all those with the faith start praying, cos we are going to need it

As very loyal city supporter, who will still be here long after adams walks away with his pockets bulging, I am not convinced that ma can deliver the goods nor am I happy that the board and a lot of fans are willing to risk, no not risk, willing to gamble the future of city, when the odds are stacked against us, we cant let one mans ignorance and self importance distroy our club.

Wake up and smell the coffee, get real and get him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570