Tiatto breaks Jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yip :(

Tiatto Out For Six Weeks
Craig Levein has been rocked by the news that Danny Tiatto faces a lengthy period on the sidelines with a fractured cheekbone.

The tenacious midfielder picked up the injury midway through the second half of City's 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest on Friday night.

And despite attempting to play on in obvious discomfort the Australian international was finally replaced against his wishes with 15 minutes of the game remaining - and City went on to grab a dramatic last-gasp equaliser.

Tiatto had surgery on the zygoma part of the bone on Monday - and will now be missing from the City squad until at least the beginning of February.

Boss Levein said: "Danny has gone for an operation to repair the damage. Our best guess at the moment is that it will be at least six weeks before he is back playing.

"He's an experienced player and he also our captain at this moment in time. He did very well against Forest as well so it will be a big loss for us.

"We don't exactly have an abundance of left sided players anyway so it leaves us thin on the ground. It's a blow but we will get on with it and do our best to try and win next week."

I'd put Morris out on the left,I know he's hardly been impressing but give him a few games to find his feet then if he's still do nothing have a rethink.Its better than playing someone else totally out of position ,as far as I know Morris is the only left footed midfielder/winger we've got unless you find a left back and stick the Polo boy on the wing.What footed is Dawson?

even if we stick with stewart and morris, we should still look for some sort of a backup, possibly a loan deal, i know we don't have much money but perhaps we could sell a player or two during the window...

From the John Spector thread
Mike Hunt Smells said:
Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing to let young defender Jonathan Spector leave Manchester United on loan after the festive period.

The 18-year-old American has been hugely impressive since joining the Old Trafford outfit last year, making first senior start at Blackburn in August, since when he has made another four first-team appearances.

However, with Gabriel Heinze, John O'Shea, Phil Neville and the injured Quinton Fortune all capable of playing in Spector's favoured left-back berth, Ferguson has confirmed he will consider a suitable loan move for the teenager.

"We are looking at letting Jonathan go out on loan in the next couple of weeks," Ferguson told Manchester United Radio.

"We feel he is the type that needs that challenge now. He is very close to first-team level and the challenge of going out on loan will test him and bring him on that bit further."

Ferguson has never been afraid to let his young stars learn part of their trade outside Old Trafford's hallowed halls.

David Beckham spent time at Preston during the early stages on his career, while more recently, O'Shea was loaned out to Bournemouth and Belgian feeder club Royal Antwerp before making the grade with United.

"It's part of their football education," said Ferguson.

"I have always found when a player comes back having been out on loan, they are mentally and physically stronger.

"If they go to clubs that are maybe not doing that well, it gives them an insight into life away from Old Trafford, because everything is luxury here."

Ferguson currently has keeper Luke Steele and striker Eddie Johnson on loan at Coventry but recently turned down a series of requests from Walsall boss Paul Merson for Kieran Richardson, Chris Eagles and Sylvain Ebanks-Blake to spend a short time at the Bescot Stadium.

I think he would be a good player to take on loan, till the end of the season....push Stewart left midfield until Tiatto's return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669