Ticket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

With a slight hangover I turned up at the Stadium for the Milwall game realising that I'd forgotten my season ticket. I went to the Ticket Office and they agreed to sell me a ticket for my seat for the game on the promise that I could get a refund by handing in the relevant matchday token and proof of purchase for this extra ticket in the future.

Admitedly I put off returning back to the Ticket Office for a while - about a month after, (I think) I was told that I only had a 2 week window by which I could get a refund. Its only £20 odd quid and I have this thing about the cash going to the Club so aint that bothered but was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

My wife managed to forget my season ticket a few months back, she remembered her's of course, levinh me queuing at the ticket office for 20 minutes.

The guys in the ticket office were pretty good though, letting me know exactly what to do and by when, and I got my 20 quid back at the following game.

blue said:
With a slight hangover I turned up at the Stadium for the Milwall game realising that I'd forgotten my season ticket. I went to the Ticket Office and they agreed to sell me a ticket for my seat for the game on the promise that I could get a refund by handing in the relevant matchday token and proof of purchase for this extra ticket in the future.

Admitedly I put off returning back to the Ticket Office for a while - about a month after, (I think) I was told that I only had a 2 week window by which I could get a refund. Its only £20 odd quid and I have this thing about the cash going to the Club so aint that bothered but was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

Sounds a bit rough imo. If you've been a good customer by having the season ticket, then they should at least reimburse you once you have proven your purchase. Why should you have to cough up twice:102:

to sell you the same seat, i assume they make sure you are the person who has the season ticket for that seat?

if they know you have a season ticket, why should they charge you, even if it is refunded?

Feriol said:
to sell you the same seat, i assume they make sure you are the person who has the season ticket for that seat?

if they know you have a season ticket, why should they charge you, even if it is refunded?

Just in case you had given your season ticket to somebody else to use?

blue said:

Exact same thing happened to me last year, due to there being 3 weeks between home games i left it, they then refused to refund me. They couldnt explain why they hadnt bothered to tell me when selling me the ticket about the 2 week limit on refunds.

If you email peter jones the tight fecker wont give you your money back but will give a tour of the stadium on match day, me and my dad got to meet all the players etc as they came in, not worth £20 but better than nowt.

blue said:
I put off returning back to the Ticket Office for a while - about a month after, (I think) I was told that I only had a 2 week window by which I could get a refund. Its only £20 odd quid and I have this thing about the cash going to the Club so aint that bothered but was wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar?

It's condition 24 in the very small writing in the T&Cs at the front of your season ticket book. I have strained my eye reading it and I shall now probably get a headache.

To be fair to the Club, every time I have seen somebody get such a replacement ticket, the t/o bod has always mentioned the 14 day limit, and I have always been told it for my WYorks mate who has a mind like a sieve and rings me to ask me to get one for him when he realises that he's forgotten his season ticket just as he's passing Derby.

Sorry you lost your money - just satisfy yourself with the knowledge that it might have paid Joey for the 1½ seconds that his shot took to reach the back of the net.

NB I know it probably didn't take 1½ seconds and I know that probably Joey doesn't get 20 quid for 1½ seconds work - it was just a figure of speech!

bocadillo said:
Just in case you had given your season ticket to somebody else to use?

the ticket they sell you is for the ST seat? but your right there would be nothing to stop you sitting on any vacant seat once your through the turnstiles.

bocadillo said:
NB I know it probably didn't take 1½ seconds and I know that probably Joey doesn't get 20 quid for 1½ seconds work - it was just a figure of speech!

i would have expected you to get the facts before posting such speculation, even with a disclaimer ;) :icon_lol:

I had a similar problem at Brammel Lane last year when my ticket failed to turn up at thier ticket office. I wasnt allowed in and didnt get a refund. I was around Crimbo so the ticket office said that they would send the ticke up on the team bus rather than risking me not getting it due to the post.

This didnt happen and I only manged to get in because a mate had a spare. Still I wish I hadnt bothered as we were shite and Gillespie got sent off for nowt. I did see Lee Morris playing in a city shirt that day though!!!!!

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I had a similar problem at Brammel Lane last year when my ticket failed to turn up at thier ticket office. I wasnt allowed in and didnt get a refund. I was around Crimbo so the ticket office said that they would send the ticke up on the team bus rather than risking me not getting it due to the post.

This didnt happen and I only manged to get in because a mate had a spare. Still I wish I hadnt bothered as we were shite and Gillespie got sent off for nowt. I did see Lee Morris playing in a city shirt that day though!!!!!
I bet that was Colin Wankers fault

Feriol said:
the ticket they sell you is for the ST seat? but your right there would be nothing to stop you sitting on any vacant seat once your through the turnstiles.

true, but they'd find out from having the relevant ticket handed in by the tirnstile operator who had taken out of your book and you'd get your ST taken off you.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I did see Lee Morris playing in a city shirt that day though!!!!!

Hey that's two of us. I managed to see him in a city shirt playing for the first team. We must be blessed although he wasn't that day.

beaumontfox said:
true, but they'd find out from having the relevant ticket handed in by the tirnstile operator who had taken out of your book and you'd get your ST taken off you.

Do you think that they would wade through thousands and thousands of stubs just on the off-chance that somebody had cheated the system?

The present arrangement is fair and transparent.

they've done it to someone i know!

he let his mate use his ticket and went and told the ticket office staff he had forgot it.
a couple of days later he had a letter in the post saying his season ticket wasn't valid any longer!

this was a couple of season ago though.

beaumontfox said:
they've done it to someone i know!

he let his mate use his ticket and went and told the ticket office staff he had forgot it.
a couple of days later he had a letter in the post saying his season ticket wasn't valid any longer!

They must have had soem reason to believe that he was up to no good. I just can't believe that they would go through all those vouchers to try to match them up with the very few who get a replacement ticket on the day; it wouldn't be cost effective.

well they wouldn't have to check all of them would they? only those in the relevant section by checking the right turnstile operatives tickets etc.

and it wouldn't surprise ,me at all the Club checking to see if someone is getting in without paying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670