Tigana or Royle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being linked with Adkins in this mornings Sun.

I am PRAYING for it to be more idol gossip because IMO Tigana could do wonders for us.

No idea about the Adkins story doesn't sound right, then again I'd have said that about Megson a few weeks back... either way neither the Adkins or Cottril stories seem to be based on any real evidence beyond the language of "ifs" and "maybes"... thats not to say the Tigana/Royle story is right but those stories have pointed to more in the way of sources while the others seem like little more than idle speculation to me.

IMHO if its someone like Tigana we might be hearing about it early next week.

Tigana would fit the bill for City

Fans groups were excited last night by the possibility that Jean Tigana might be the next Leicester City manager.

Speculation has put the former Fulham boss and ex-Ipswich chief Joe Royle at the head of the contenders for the City job.

Chairman Milan Mandaric is not going to be rushed into a decision and his plan to unveil his new full-time appointment today looked likely to be thwarted.

Fox Fanzine editor Gary Silke, Supporters Club chairman Cliff Ginnetta and Foxes Trust board member Matt Davis all relished the possibility that Tigana might get the job.

Davis said: “Tigana excites me a lot. I like his style of football.

“Joe Royle would be a bit of step into the unknown because he has been out of football for a while.

Ginnetta said: “I think Tigana would go down well.

“His sides play good football and he's got a good record.''

Ginnetta thought that Royle would do a solid job but would not create as much excitement among the fans as Tigana.

Silke said of Tigana: “I wouldn't mind him at all. When he was at Fulham, they played some good football. He is also something different. We've not had an overseas manager, apart from Scots and Irish.”

He added of Royle: “He did a good job at Oldham, he was their Martin O'Neill and he got them in the top flight.

“That was a long time ago, but he did okay at Ipswich as well.''

Ginnetta added: “I think the most important thing is that Milan gets it right.''

He thought that the fans were quite happy for the moment with the caretaker team of Frank Burrows and Gerry Taggart, and that was relieving any pressure there might be to make a speedy decision.

Mandaric told the Mercury earlier this week that Burrows and Taggart were one of the three options on his shortlist to succeed Gary Megson.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?back=true&key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|6521269112007672197231&parentkey=1D29|0|2185366269754|p|536|0

Last edited:
I've got a feeling our new manager will be unveiled on Monday or Tuesday!

Yep... sometimes i get onto the index page, but cant get onto any of the threads... very odd.

Great. Cue the mass influx of chavs/blue mongies.......

Oops, I thought you were questioning whether or not we have had a Scottish manager......

after last weeks Tigana induced excitement it's all gone very quiet regarding any potential appointment..rumours that Royle has pulled out...MM alluding to approaches being made to clubs about currently employed managers (Scunthorpe and Plymouth?)....Mandy off to the States now...no prospect of any immediate progress...

what I really want to know is whether Tigana is still in the picture....it's my favourite rumour by a street mile.......but then I'm not the only one.....:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669