Tigers moving in again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Granite, I've noticed people at the Walkers with Tigers shirts on and I certainly wore my City shirt in Paris in 2001 at the Heineken final, we should all support all things Leicester and Leicestershire.

Why? :102:

I have absolutely zero interest in any other sport than football.

We don't need the cash that badly or they would have had a shirt sponsor for next season. Never mind all this 'give it back to the fans' bollox, if we're that desperate for money, get the sponsor in that's been held over for a year.

We don't need the cash that badly or they would have had a shirt sponsor for next season. Never mind all this 'give it back to the fans' bollox, if we're that desperate for money, get the sponsor in that's been held over for a year.

Do you really think there is a sponsor who has been held over?

I would speculate that, given the current national and global financial problems, the club may be hard pressed to get an acceptable/decent amount for sponsorship fees.

Instead the club have sought to brand this excerise of 'giving it back to the fans' as a way of shifting more shirts that would compensate for no sponsor. Everyone's a winner situation.

I can only go on what they said. (naive I know).

With Topps and the A & L pulling out of sponsorship, and the general economic climate, I just can't see there will be many companies who would be lining up to squander money on sponsorship of a football club.

A friend's company has sponsored both the season ticket and been the match sponsor on a number of occassions in the past. He says he has only done it through love of the club, because he doesn't think it has ever brought him any business from the advertising.

Personally i like all Leicester teams to do well. As for the tigers its the team i'm interested in not the fans. Maybe its the class divide that causes resentment............lords of the manor on one side and the peasents on the other.

A bit like here

I follow both the football and the rugby, the football come first though. I've had many good days out going to watch the tigers, being able to have a beer, stood on the terraces and watching the game. I watched the tigers Saturday and they said either Welford Road or Walkers Stadium, and after the Bath V Toulose game they weren't sure where it was going to played so I wouldn't take it as gosspal that it's going to ba at the walkers just yet (unless an anoucement has come out this morning and i've missed it!)

I would be surprised if they were to move it when they didn't have to.

As already stated, I hope we already be up by then.

On another note I will be slightly annoyed if the last game of season is moved to a Friday night so the tigers can play on Saturday, as I work evenings so will have to booka day of being a season ticket holder. Or at least I would, if I weren't moving to a four day week, so I'm getting Fridays off :) Still it will effect many other shift workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669